_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
putting T-34/85 PE on a T-34/76, worthwhile?
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:30 AM UTC
Well, as you said, the turrets differ but the hulls are essentially the same. You could pull off the conversion or you could not be a cheap @ss and buy the appropriate kit.
Seriously, you will probably build a T-34/85 sometime in the future right? So why not get the correct PE kit and not have any regrets?

Andrew

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 02:07 PM UTC
Aber PE sets are nice, but to say whether or not it is worth it depends on the T-34/76 model you are putting the PE set on. For the price of the Tamiya kit, you do not get a very accurate T-34. Believe it or not, the various Zvezda T-34/76 kits are superior and about half as much. Italeri also boxes the Zvezda kits so find whichever is cheaper. DML makes even better T-34s as does Maquette, but I do not know if they do the T-34/76.

So, IMHO, Tamiya T-34 (any of them) not really worth it. Zvezda, DML, Maquette, sure. It will enhance a nice model and make it better.

BTW, I have an e-mail clearance special that George Parada sent me. He has Part (PE company from Poland) sets for the Tamiya T-34/76 for $12.00 and T-34/76 (1942) for $10.00. Part PE is very nice. Shoot me a PM if you want me to forward that e-mail message to you. He sometimes advertises in our buying and selling forum as well.
 _GOTOTOP