_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Where can I donate kits in the Bay Area?
denizp
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 07:18 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I have gone thru my stash of model kits (or rather forced to, by my wife) and have come up with about 3-4 large storage boxes worth of kits that I would like to donate (I don't think they will sell/trade). I am looking for a good place to give these kits to so that they can get built (maybe something like Scout Troops, Boys&Girls clubs, YMCA or another cause). I am currently living in the Bay Area in California and wouldn't mind a drive to drop the kits.
It is a mix bunch of armor, aircraft and ship models - all unopened in their plastic bags, that I accumulated over the years as part of "buy 5, get 1" deals etc.
Do you guys know a good place that would be interested?
Thanks in advance
Deniz

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 07:33 AM UTC
If you don;t mind paying alittle postage..... you could Donate the to the Troops serving in Iraq or Afgan.

Heck, I'd be willing to pitchin a little to cover the cost of shipping them some.....
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 07:54 AM UTC
Check out the addresses of the IPMS chapters in your area. If one is close enough, pass the kits to them with instructions to donate to Scouts or troops, etc.
http://www.ipmsusa.org/Groups_Contests/region_select2.asp?RGN=9
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 06:09 PM UTC
Try your local craigslist.org
or
Horizons Unlimited of San Francisco http://www.horizons-sf.org/ accepts art supply donations.

_GOTOTOP