_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello, or should that be Hallo?
cfsfido
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 02:18 AM UTC
As you will soon discovery I am a Newbie, well to be honest, I used to build models, but that was 35+ years ago. There have been so many changes in the hobby, new kit suppliers, better detail, new glues, and with some old standbys like Humbrol Classic having gone by the way side, I feel like a newbie. One other small change is that after living in the United States for my entire life, I recently moved the Netherlands, so I don't even have local contacts to help me out in a pinch.
I have always had a deep passion for German armor, so I recently purchased a DML Sd.Kfz 251/17 Ausf.D mounting the 2 cm. Schwebelafette as my first build in decades. It seems like a fine model, but before I start, I am hoping to find after market figures for the gun crew, and there is the question of what paint colors I should use to represent the original RAL colors now that Humbrol Classic is no longer around. I have read so many different opinions on the subject, that at one point I almost felt like giving up or just slopping on a coat of white wash once it was finished.
To say I am confused is probably a gross understatement, so I hope you will bare with me till I can come up to speed.

Thanks for reading my post.
Fido
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 03:46 AM UTC
Welkom aan boord Fido

Or in case your Dutch is not yet up to speed, welcome on board.
You are in the right place for your answers, just post them in the AFV forum, and I'm sure you will get as many different opinions as replies..lol serious though, this is a helpful bunch.

Don't forget, for info on all matters dutch, visit the Benelux site
here . They will point you to the best shops, shows, and coffee bars (for coffee of course...)

Henk
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 05:33 AM UTC
Hi Fido and welcome to Armorama!

Enjoy yourself

Hasty
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 05:52 AM UTC
Hallo GL Walker

Well well.. Despite the warnings from the Pentagon that Holland will be flooded in three years an American is coming to our little peacefull country below sea level. You will like it here.
Welcome on board Armorama and I can only second Henk Meerdink's reply. Go to the Dutch section. Always glad to see new people there. You will be the second foreign Dutchie around. We already have a Kiwi Belgium guy around. You will by the way be surprised there is still a lot of the old Humbrol colors available in the shops so it should not be a really big problem to pick some up along the way.

Great to have you on this site and in our lovely country. Where exactly in Zuid Holland are you?

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
cfsfido
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
Robert :
Sorry for the late reply, Real World problems, like a PC melt down, and a visit to Friesland have kept my partner and I pretty busy. She is not into models but seem to put up with my increasing stash of modeling stuff cluttering up the house. To answer your question, I live in Den Haag, such a beautiful city, I love all the tree lined neighborhoods, and the people are just great, even though, mijn Nederlands is nog niet goed. Thanks for the invite to the Dutch section, I have lurked in the wings for a while, I might just stop by and say hallo.

Fido
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 10:13 AM UTC
Welcome cfsfido,

This is a great site. Help is just a click away if you ever need it.

Be sure to check out the campaigns. They are usually a lot of fun to participate in.
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 01:05 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP