_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
1/1 Weapons
rjwood_uk
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 08:30 AM UTC
Just wondering, does anyone make 1/1 scale models of weapons.

e.g an M4-A1 or an MP5 or something link that.

I dont want a crappy air rifle or bb gun, i want an actual model.

Richard
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 10:46 AM UTC
They were available 25+ years ago in UK, I have a couple of colts and an M16 in the loft (models I add) however in the current climate they have most likely been made illegal, however I may be wrong in that assumption. They used to have a heavy duty cap that fitted into turned brass rounds so that when fired a flash and bang was generated, and the weapon then recoiled ejecting the spent round and chambering the new one.
rjwood_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC
are they unbuilt? would you consider selling the M16?

if not, do you mind telling me who made them, model numbers. any photos...etc?

Richard
Removed by original poster on 10/23/08 - 09:35:07 (GMT).
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 04:52 PM UTC
Sorry selling them is not a good idea, as regards pictures I will have a look see in the loft, I usually get as far as the loft door before i chicken out, if you saw my loft you would understand why.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 09:59 PM UTC
is this the same for all weapons, what about deactivated
A friend of mine has a Bren 2 and a moisin-naget in his war room.
Removed by original poster on 10/23/08 - 09:35:22 (GMT).
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 12:28 AM UTC
so firearm history is being wiped out in the u.k
rjwood_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 12:52 AM UTC
but if its a model with no possible way it can be converted into a live firearm surely theres no law against that?

i was initially thinging of say a 1/1 Resin replica. now obviously no laws would apply to that.

Richard
Ross
Visit this Community
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 01:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

these guns ( ARE ) banned if you buy it and get caught with it expect to do time. in the eyes of the law ignorance is no defense .

My understanding is that these are not yet banned in the UK. You could look at Modelguns-Worldwide website for a bit more information on these. You are still able to purchase model gun kits from the Far East, which are very similar in working parts and look identical to the real thing and operate a bit like a blank firing gun, but with a plastic cap for power. There is also a website called mp40 modelguns or similar, which has a lot of information about these particular types of replica.

Marushin is a company who make and sell the kits and there are some other companies as well. The models or near replicas can be found in both ABS plastic and metal. Due to their design, they cannot be converted to fire real ammunition.

However with the changes in firearm laws and so on there is a possibility that the police would be interested if one of these was discovered coming to you in the post. And you'd have problems if found transporting them outside your house.
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 251 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

are they unbuilt? would you consider selling the M16?

if not, do you mind telling me who made them, model numbers. any photos...etc?

Richard

We had them in the Philippines way back in the 70's-80's until they got banned by the govt because someone used a models pistol to rob a bank

The model brand was called LS ( we called it Life Size) and they were from Japan. They started with lots of pistols and revolvers, my older brother had a Luger Artillery version and a .45 Colt and yeah the action worked like the real thing and you can eject the bullet shell by cocking it.

The rifles were an AR-15 and M-16 and XM-177 (original shorty M-16), and I believe they came out later on with an AK-47.

They also had accessories like lifesized bayonets and hand grenades that had working pins and levers.

A few months ago I typed "LS 1/1" in Ebay search, and it came up with an auction for a still sealed and unassembled M-1 Thompson for a couple of hundred bucks.

footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 305 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 09:46 AM UTC
here is a pic of my P90 with a bit of work can be made to look quite good !!!!!!
rjwood_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 09:55 AM UTC
nice P-90!

is that a real one or a model?

Richard
footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 305 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:02 AM UTC
sorry if i reposted the pic disappeared somewhere, all i got was a red x ,its an airsoft gun with a bit of work put into it . i got it because i lurve sg1, i reckon if its good enough for big jack O'Neill then its good enough for me !!!!! ( pic taken by barv perth 2008 )
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but if its a model with no possible way it can be converted into a live firearm surely theres no law against that?

If you're looking the wrong way down the barrel of a 1/1 replica during a robbery there's no way to tell it's a fake. Many years ago I owned 1/1 scale Browning Hi Power which was stolen from me during a Burglary. the police were not happy when I reported it stolen.
Removed by original poster on 10/23/08 - 09:35:41 (GMT).
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:00 AM UTC
You know with the legal situation over there you may be better off scratch building if you really want one. I imagine it wouldn’t be too hard and may even be cheaper.

Of course I’ll stick to the real thing myself.

Glad I ain’t over there.
Removed by original poster on 04/29/08 - 02:06:38 (GMT).
scj1014
Visit this Community
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

thats why we have less gun crime over here , we don't give weapons to ignorant or arrogant people . PEACE OUT

That seemed unneccessarily harsh. I didn't detect anything in the previous post that was arrogant or ignorant.
FWIW, they don't "give" weapons to people over here in Pennsylvania, USA. Those of us who possess and use them legally, get them by handing over hard-earned currency. Why can we possess such weapons? It's called freedom and responsibility...and its our inalienable right under the US Constitution as citizens of the USA.
Maybe some day, Britain will trust its subjects to own weapons again. I hope so for your sake.
redneck
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 02:43 PM UTC
Hey guys no need to get worked up.

I still think that if the 1/1 kits available are illegal the best option would be to scratch build one.
Plus it shouldn’t be hard or too expensive to find the needed supplies.
Removed by original poster on 10/23/08 - 09:35:59 (GMT).
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 08:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I still think that if the 1/1 kits available are illegal the best option would be to scratch build one.

AFAIK Possession of a 1/1 replica is illegal in the UK so scratchbuilding is not the answer
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That seemed unneccessarily harsh. I didn't detect anything in the previous post that was arrogant or ignorant.
FWIW, they don't "give" weapons to people over here in Pennsylvania, USA. Those of us who possess and use them legally, get them by handing over hard-earned currency. Why can we possess such weapons? It's called freedom and responsibility...and its our inalienable right under the US Constitution as citizens of the USA.
Maybe some day, Britain will trust its subjects to own weapons again. I hope so for your sake.

i would love to see hundereds of little chavs running around with sa80's(Sarcasm)
most people here are responsible, its just the ones who arent, really arent responsible.
2-3 years ago i could barely go out without getting jeered at bood at and even phisically assaulted. its like letting darth vader borrow your death ray.
i think there should be a very harsh caracter assesment before anyone is allowed firearms.
and thats coming from someone who loves guns.(and has had experience with them)
jus my tuppence
Ross
Visit this Community
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

AFAIK Possession of a 1/1 replica is illegal in the UK so scratchbuilding is not the answer

I believe it is still legal to own imitation firearms, but possession "in public" is illegal. I think it is still legal to sell and purchase these for the purposes of re-enactment or for film & tv work. It does seem to now be illegal to make your own realistic imitation weapon as well. Due to the nature of British fear over weapons and the number of "anti-social" people carrying replicas for crime and fear, I think that anyone who has an interest in weapons, particularly anything not intended for sport, is going to be viewed suspiciously by the vast majority of British people, particularly the boys in blue.

Historically the situation in Britain regarding guns is very very different to the US and our mainly vocal urban dwelling population have little experience and sympathy towards sports shooters or the use of weapons for pest control, which is mainly a rural activity. We'll probably find the nest steps will be to ban any weapon for any use anywhere and then they'll start on kitchen knives, chisels and anything else which might be used to hurt someone.
rjwood_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 12:09 AM UTC
ok so lets say a 1/2 model? lol

Richard
 _GOTOTOP