_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Hobby Stores in Miami, Florida
hkopper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 12:16 PM UTC
Are there any good hobby stores in Miami, Florida. Many moons ago, I used to go to one named Orange Blossom Hobbies but has closed since.
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 06:27 AM UTC
Best one i've managed to find in the area is RC Hobbies in Tamarac. It's at the corner of McNab and University. Extensive collection of kits, paints, and other fun stuff.
cheese
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 05:32 PM UTC
WOW!!!!!! Some South Floridians!!!

RC Hobbies is great for kits and paint. Mainly, the store has a very large selection of kits compared to the other stores in the area. Warrick Hobbies on University and Peters (by 595)is probably better for evergreen and tools (if needed).

In any case, RC does not carry much AFV (the model brand) and is extremely limited on Tamiya aircraft. So if you are from Miami, you should go with a list of things you would want cause you never really know. Honestly, the internet is your best bet. Squadron delivers quick and Lucky Model is usually cheaper; but be careful with Lucky Model cause if it is not in stock, you will be waiting a while for your ish. Ive been waiting for a month for some items I ordered.

Cheers
hkopper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:36 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply!! I'm sticking with online shopping due to the lack of good stores in the Miami area (with the price of gas ..it's worth paying the extra in shipping and getting good selection at the same time). I made an initial order with SprueBrothers and had get results (speedy and good price). Odering my spray brush through Dixie art (free shipping!!) and paints through Colorado Miniatures.

Happy building!!
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 06:24 AM UTC
You could try Crown Hobbies over on Coral Way, but like most everywhere else it's going more R/C.

Jim
hkopper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 10:16 AM UTC
Went there on last Friday. I was suprised that they were still open. I used to frequent that store when I was a teenager (I'm 40 now). The store is catering mainly to R/C modelers and had very little in terms of tools and kits but it still brought many wonderful memories back to me the moment I walked into the store.
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 03:43 PM UTC
I was down in Miami on business about 4 years ago, and I went to Crown Hobbies after being away from Miami for 18 years. It sure had changed a lot since high school! Drove right to it from Columbus. Almost like I never left.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP