_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Churchill ARV
SAS007
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 02:32 PM UTC
Hi all

Decided I'd do a little scratchbuild of the Churchill ARV.
Saw the pictures and had a go

big chain

remade chains

The kit is Matchbox Churchill AVRE Bridgelayer . I got the kit along with a Sherman Firefly off E-Bay for £5 - £6 (minus bridge hence price)
I had a few pictures to work with so had an idea how to do it.
Hardest part was the turret section as I didn't really have the tools to make a circular section so I cut up the top part of a 1/72 Churchill cut the hatch into it and the body and just glued it on fitting the inside box section after.
The wood blocks at the rear are just square plastic cut into lengths and the side and font are an old lollypop stick (real wood )
The first chain was the only thing I could find at first but out of proportion so made some from phone wire wound together.
(This is still a temp cable made for my club show this week and will look for something better later.)
The wire holding the A frame is the same wire I used for my barbed wire for my B1 bis diorama connected to 2 small Tbars drilled and feed through with the box off an old kit I found.
I then hand painted the model and here is the (almost) finnished model.
I started this at 10.00 on the Sunday night and when I'd finnished I went to my bed at 06.00 Monday morning
Hope you like it

Steve C (Jnr)

Will never be as good as dad ("BARV")
 _GOTOTOP