_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Seattle Model Shops
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 05:07 PM UTC
On May 28 I will have some time to kill in Seattle. I will be staying at a hotel on Alaskin Way. I know about the Skyway Shop on Renton. My main interest is armor. Are there any other shops in the general area that would be worth visiting?

Also, anyone know if the Barns & Noble on Pine is worth visiting for model related stuff (Magazines, books)?

Thanks

Chuck

Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 861 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 09:00 AM UTC
Hey Chuck,

American Eagles Hobby in north Seattle is the LHS. They have lots of inventory, although their armor selection can get little thin, depending on where they are in the ordering and/or stocking process. I've gone in on some days to find the shelves stocked with new kits. At other times things get kind of bleak. But if you have some time to kill it's not a bad place to check out. As I said they have a ton of stuff; armor, aircraft, cars, trains, ships, games, and some nice books and magazines.

Most of the Seattle-area Barnes & Nobles do a fair job of keeping some modeling magazines in stock, but that's about it.

Drop me a PM as your visit gets closer, and if I'm around that day, I might just join you!

-YL
 _GOTOTOP