_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Hinckley Model Show
MTDriver
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi guys,just a reminder that this show is only just over a week away on Sunday 20th April.Doors open at 1000 hrs,and we will be hosting over 25 traders and 50 clubs.There is lots of free parking available around the leisure centre,but I would like to warn about the new red banded parking vultures that now inhabit the area.If you are a trader or club that needs access to the rear to unload,please do not leave your vehicle for the duration of the show,it will be ticketed.They will allow loading/unloading, but it is classed as a fire access and are clamping down.The wardens are now a private company(commission?) and have been aggressively active in the last 2 months of operations.Hope to see you there and have a great day.
http://www.modelspot.com/show99/map.htm
..........Dave.
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 12:26 AM UTC
I`ll be there as i attended last year which was the first show i had been to and really enjoyed it.
How do you go about entering a sculpted figure into the show,have not done this sort of thing before so any info appreciated.

Steve
MTDriver
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 05:27 AM UTC
Hi Steve,the competition room is adjacent to the cafeteria upstairs,and the guys doing the entry forms will be able to advise you on which class to enter your figures in.Closing time for comp entries is 1300hrs(1.00pm) and the results are announced at 1600hrs(4.00pm).
Good luck with your entry Steve and look forward to seeing you there.
........Dave.
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 08:37 PM UTC
Thanks Dave hope to see you too .

Steve
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 07:26 AM UTC
Hi to all the team who slaved away in the background for todays show a job well done , very enjoyable and well attended . Plenty to see and catch up with old friends . Cheers ian
MTDriver
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 04:54 PM UTC
Thanks Ian,and I would also like to take this opportunity,not only from myself,but the East Midlands club, to thank all the traders,clubs and individuals,who in making the trip to the show,made it the success it turned out to be. I thoroughly enjoyed the show,despite the wallet being somewhat lighter and myself being totally 'cream crackered' from the work involved.Many thanks all.
........Dave.
 _GOTOTOP