_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
AFV'S and figures for the Vietnam era
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 05:42 PM UTC
Just curious but I really like modeling the Nam era but it seems hard to get 1/35 scale figures especialy Vietnamese and some afv's. Are these products slowly fading away or is just me. Does any one know of any companies they maybe producing future items for this era. Some of DML'S sets like NVA Sappers are getting rare. Verlinden and Legend still have a few but not many. Just thought I would ask and see what some of you thought so comment if you like.
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,548 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 09:20 AM UTC
lucky models have loads of vietnam figures um
afv
academy
tamitya

all have vietnam afvs
dobon68
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:10 AM UTC
Keenan,
Like you I am into modelling the Vietnam war and must agree that it does seem to have become unpopular in the main stream of modelling. DML seem to have given up on it almost completely as well as Verlinden.
The exceptions to this I think are Academy who have brought out various Huey kits in the recent past, Real models who although expensive have some great Gun Truck conversions. Hobby Fan has quite a few resin figures and other Vietnam era stuff. AFV did release the Centurion not that long ago?
As far as upcoming releases the only one I can think of from a plastic kit point of view is the V100 armoured car from Hobby Boss but I'm not sure when its due?
There is a lot of AFV's and vehicles I'd like to see released but I would really be happy if I could still get kits that have been released in the not too distant past but are now discontinued other than the odd one on ebay! Are you listening Dragon
Anyway if you ever want to chat about our mutual interest feel free to PM me.
David
 _GOTOTOP