Local, Regional, or International.
TAMIYA/CON Results
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 06:32 AM UTC
Guys, came across this link at www.digitaldioramas.com and thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/events/tamiyacon/2002results/

Just a quick question. One of the classes was masterclass. How do you get designated for this class, what is it and do we have anyone who frequents this site who is a master modeller? Thanks!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 07:13 AM UTC
Bryan,
Lol....looks similar to a link I posted in the News section.

That event looks pretty cool. I guess with AMPS and IMPS on the east coast it's nice that West Coasters get something good like that to attend and enter models in. Plus it obviously gets a world-wide attendence too.

Jim
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 07:15 AM UTC
woops, sorry bout that Jim.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys, came across this link at www.digitaldioramas.com and thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/events/tamiyacon/2002results/

Just a quick question. One of the classes was masterclass. How do you get designated for this class, what is it and do we have anyone who frequents this site who is a master modeller? Thanks!

Bryan, there is no Master Class at Tamiya Con. They give the Master Modeler title to the entrant that wins the equivalent of Best of Show in a traditional contest. They put his or her name on a permanent trophy kept at Tamiya USA - and he or she is one of the four winners of a trip to Japan.

Not really familiar with all the members of the Forum, I couldn't answer if anyone who frequents the site is a "Master Modeler". IPMS/USA does not elevate any modeler to this status - and there are quite a few who would qualify as such with the body of work they've shown over the years. AMPS does elevate modelers to that status within their ranks - I think a high compliment indeed because it comes from fellow modelers. The same applies to prestigeous Figure Modeling Societies.

Gunnie
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:25 AM UTC
Thanks for all the info Gunnie, appreciate it. In my opinion, you should be one of these master modelers.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for all the info Gunnie, appreciate it. In my opinion, you should be one of these master modelers.

Wow Bryan - I take that as a high compliment indeed!

Damnit - where's my X-Acto knife, gotta get going to earn that compliment...

Gunnie
Red4
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:56 AM UTC
Bryan,
I concur with you on Gunnies work. Great stuff. I've entered contests that have had a master class category, but all this boiled down to is you have won at other contests with the same entry that you are entering into this contest. I really dont see the need to distinguish one modeler above the rest by deeming him / her "master", but it does give one something to strive for. The Atlanta Figure Show is one exception to this. If you have never been, you owe it to yourself to attend this if nothing more than just to look. Totally awe inspiring and definatley worthy of identifying "masters". Incedible work to say the least. Just my .02 cents worth. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP