_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Still Looking for a Few Experienced Judges fo
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,280 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 11:31 PM UTC

To All,
LAST CALL!!!! I am STILL looking for 8-12 experienced judge volunteers that are willing to participate in the AMPS Judging Certification Class that will be held on Thursday night, 10 April, at The WWII Victory Museum in Auburn Indiana. This class will examine the AMPS rules in detail, familiarize the participants with the judging process and finish with a judging session that will be guided and mentored by experienced AMPS Assistant Chief Judges. THE GOAL is to finish this class in 1 ˝ hours, so we can partake in the AMPS pre-show mixer at Mad Anthony’s Pub in Auburn. If you are interested in becoming a certified AMPS judge, contact me with your judging experience (AMPS, IPMS, etc) to secure a seat in this class.
While I am posting I would like to put out a second call for field judge volunteers. In order to participate as a field judge, all you need to do is attend a judging meeting at the Victory Museum on Friday, 11 April at 8:30AM to become familiar with the AMPS judging process, sign up for shifts and perhaps the best of all, get access to the vendor room an hour before the show opens to the public. Despite some of the public’s displeasure with the objectiveness of the AMPS judging system, it is a process that provides each modeler with a score as well as feedback from the four judges that actually judged your model. We strive to ensure that the comments are pertinent and valid in order to help modelers get better at their hobby. As a reward for donating your valuable time, you will receive a highly coveted AMPS Crew t-shirt, suitable for creating jealousy amongst your modeling buddies.
Please contact me at: [email protected] if you have any questions about judging.

John Charvat
Chief Judge
2008 AMPS International Convention, Auburn Indiana
11-12 April, 2008
 _GOTOTOP