_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Using Pigments for Weathering
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 06:04 AM UTC
I have been doing a lot of reading regarding the use of pigments in the weathering of vehicles and for the most part I think I have a good understanding of the basic principals. The question I have is regarding the use of liquids i.e. alcohol,terpiuntine etc with the application of the pigments do you apply it after you put the pigment on or before like when using the salt method for paint chipping. Any help would be appricated. By the way the scene is Italian campagin Ortona so I am looking at a good deal of mud. As this was Dec 43 I believe. and the veh are a dodge ambulance and willis jeep.
Taz
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 29 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 04:19 AM UTC
The fun thing about pigments is that they can be used in a variety of ways depending on the effect wanted. In your case, I would suggest you use MIG pigments along with their resin medium for thick, caked on mud. You can add sand or static grass depending on what you want to simulate. The best advice I can give you is experiment prior to committing yourself directly on the model. Try here for further info and good luck!

linky

Francis
 _GOTOTOP