_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
New Host for The Springbok Club
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
Hi all,

Due to personal reasons I have resigned as the SA forum host.

But on that note, I have the pleasure to announce the appointment of a new host for the KitMaker South African Community forum, The Springbok Club.

I'd like to announce the appointment of Roland Stanbridge, ROLANDQ on KitMaker, as the new host of The Springbok Club.

Roland is a 40 something gent whom has been involved with modelling all his life. He has been SA's top figure modeller for many years and has won a few (prestigious) awards in Britain including the Pete Wilcox trophy in 1999 at BMSS and British IPMS Gold in the Open Category of the same year. He doesn't only sculpt and paint figures though, but is also a keen "diorama-ist". He manages one of the local Cape Town LHSs and is a member of the local IPMS club so has a keen understanding of the local scale modelling community.

Please join me in welcoming Roland to his new role, and help him reignite the SA community forum thus helping improve the overall quality of modelling in South Africa.

Good luck, Roland, she's all yours now...

Rudi
trakk120
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 07:36 PM UTC
Welcome Roland! Best of luck in this new position. I couldn't think of anyone more suited to tackle this position. You have my support.

Thanks to Rudi for doing a sterling job in the past! Your efforts and hard work are valued.

Best Regards

Arthur
ROLANDQ
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hi Rudi & Arthur

Thanks guys appreciate the support. Rudi All the best mate!! thanks for your vote of confidence.

I hope that we will see more of S.A. Modellers becoming active on this partr of the forum, as I see plenty modellers out there but very few actually showing us what they do or getting involved.

Come on guys just cause we work in dark corners doesn't mean we have to stay in them.

cheers
Roland
tonydi
Visit this Community
South Africa
entire network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 11:28 AM UTC
Hi Roland,
As we spoke in person on Thursday, let me just add my support in this posting and wish you all the best in your new endeavour and your attempts to draw us out of our shells.
More power to you.
Treadheads rule!!
Tony
ROLANDQ
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
entire network: 158 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 09:36 PM UTC
Thanks Tony

Lets see if we can't get some more action here, Figure, Armour, Sci-fi and Aero modelers locally to get a bit more active.

I have spoken to our Local IPMS Club last night and would like to get the rest of the country's clubs also to start posting events here to show everyone that things are happening model wise in SA

Cheers all
Roland
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 02:25 AM UTC
Thanks guys.

Roland Schoeman

once again good luck with the new role. Let's hope the guys wake up and smell the cyno and get involved. It's time Saffer's woke up from their reveiri (sp?) and realised the only way they are going to stay competitive in the global modelling arena is to get involved with organisations like KitMaker. Let's face it, internet access is NOT scarce anymore, and nor is broadband access expensive anymore.

Rudi
 _GOTOTOP