_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Uploading Pictures Problem
jrrivc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 207 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 04:38 PM UTC
Hopefully some out there can tell me what I'm doing wrong when I try to upload pictures from my comp. to one of my albums. Here's what i do: I first click on upload pictures, it takes you to the screen where you start. I hit the browse button, it takes me to MY Pictures , I select the one I want ,open it, then I hit the submit button, I wait awhile then it says " upload successful "but lo and behold NO PICTURE I've tried a number of times and only succeded once. Whats happened is my aloted space has been eaten up. Where did the pictures go to? I cant figure it out,so if anyone out there has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to listen. One other thing . How do I get the space back?

Thanks, Frank
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 05:16 PM UTC
Frank,
I am not sure exactly what the issue may be. But I did notice there were 2 images already in your upload directory and they were 2mb each. I think it's likely that when you try to upload a third image (2 are already on the server and it will attempt to process them as well) it times out and fails or it calculates that your 5mb are used up... although that doesn't make too much sense as when the application resizes the photos they will be much smaller.

The best advice is not to attempt to upload raw camera images but to upload photos you have resized yourself first. This way they are smaller already and take less time to upload, process, etc. There are many options for resizing photos on your pc and many are free. Microsoft has an add on for Windows that can do the job. I believe searching "power toys" will lead you to it. It's the Image Resizer.

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP