_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: United Arab Emirates
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Buying in UAE?
stooga
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Can anyone suggest anywhere good to buy kits and, more importantly, supplies in Dubai (or anywhere in UAE for that matter)? As a new arrival I have looked on the web and all the Dubai directory sites and can't find anything...

I am happy to buy kits online, but I don't really like buying paints, cement etc from overseas...

Any help gratefully received!!

Aaron
Alastair
Visit this Community
Dubayy, United Arab Emirates
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 05:27 PM UTC
just saw this post..

Better to buy from squadron or great models - i buy Xtracrylix from Hannants in the UK. Sauadron and Hannants deliver faster but greatmodels seems to offer best value. i buy everything except cement online and i have never (touch wood) had an issue with delivery or with customs.

hope that helps..
stooga
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 03:40 AM UTC
And I just noticed your reply! Funnily enough, I did nothing about it at the time I posted that first message, but just before Xmas I bought a small batch of stuff from Lucky Model in HK. I thought I would risk it and get cement, putty, thinner etc as well as a couple of kits and it all came through fine...

I noticed you had another post about using Vallejo Model Air - I would highly recommend LM as a supplier - they have a good selection and better prices than you get from Europe (ironically).

Aaron
DaveQ-UAE
Visit this Community
Dubayy, United Arab Emirates
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 06:49 PM UTC
I am in the process of organising Distributorship in the UAE for several major manufacturers in Military Modelling.

Let's hope it all works out as like you, I find this is a very frustrating situation.
JCTAYAR
Visit this Community
United Arab Emirates
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 06:11 PM UTC
Hi Guys any updates on your plans for UAE?
 _GOTOTOP