_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Has anyone ordered from Platzdarm?
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
HI.

I know this shop advertised here, and I was wondering if anyone had tried them out.

I did, and after two months I still haven't gotten my shipment. They bill through CCNow, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should try to get the CC charges reversed.

I'd like to hear from anyone who had success or failure with them.

Perhaps their deals are too good to be true.

Andy
mihaip
Visit this Community
Romania
entire network: 45 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 07:26 PM UTC
Hi there

I was in the process of ordering some modeling stuff from Platzdarm. They seem to be an apartment shop, some way related to www.hobbyshop.ru (check their site, it's the same), thay barely speak english, they don;t have much in stock etc etc. So I changed my mind.
If you want to use an Easter Europe shop, i strongly recommend you www.martola.com.pl. They are ot fully internet enabled (you have to fax your final order - including your card number using a completed form they provide) but they are safe, we have used it many times. Another good shop is www.karaya.ceti.pl - they will send you a secure link to their payment system.

Both of them are in Poland and they carry a lot of interesting stuff, most of them allready in stock. They have good prices on Polish, czech (eduard etc) items and good shiping rates for Europe.

Mihai
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2003 - 05:52 AM UTC
Hi

Here's a followup.
Months after claiming to send the kits (that way CCNow pays them), Platzdarm notified me that my kits have shipped (after I contacted CCNow to find out what was going on...).

I'll post again once I receive the kits.

Andy
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:50 AM UTC
Hi

IN the end I got my full order. Five months after placing the order!! So that's why I was getting edgy about the company! The items were well packed, shipped securely, and given I paid the bill four months ago, it was like a surprise package to myself!

Cheers
Andy
 _GOTOTOP