TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Who does't like to fly their own plane?
Cazzie
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 12:38 PM UTC
I guess that's what I like about being part of the Flight Sim community too, being able to design and paint your own plane. I do not care that much for the combat flight sims, except I did find a reason to purchase CFS3 when Over Flanders Field (OFF) was developed to work on the CGS3 engine. The best WW I aerial combat sim around IMHO.

But I prefer FS2004 (aka FS9). FSX, what's that, a $50.00 sim that takes $3,000.00 worth of computer to play, that's what. And all of the SDKs are different, so everything one has done for FS9 does not work. Forget it, FS9 is still the best dedicated Flight Sim out there. Combined with GE Pro (Ground Environment), FSGenesis 38-meter DEM mesh, and Active Sky, it is as real as it gets. And it still gets decent frame rates on moderate PCs.

Anyhow, I have enjoyed Flight Sim since old FS5. Jeez it has come so far so soon!

Now, with graphics editors like Photoshop, hi-red images from Google Earth, and a little ingenuity, one can even make photoreal scenery that will baffle the eye when graphically enhanced.

You Raleigh, NC fellas will like these, taken from hi-res photoreal scenery of the Raleigh area. Summer textures only, have to take what Google Earth gives.

F3F-2 is from Aeroplane Heaven.

Caz

Crabtree Valley Mall

RBC Center and Carter-Finley Stadium with RDU in the background

Downtown Raleigh

FNC1
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 58 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 02:10 AM UTC
Im on the other side of the fence and prefer the Combat flight sims. Although I use them as much for free flight, its nice to be able to mix it up in a furball every now and then . I fly only aircraft used by the RCAF and RCN, but that leaves a remarkable number of aircraft availible to me. I really dont know how many aircraft Ive added, but between CFS2 and CFS3 aircraft nnd scenery, my sims have bloated to several gig lol. These are the best time wasters ever! Ever try to fly a Lancaster like a Spitfire? Hairy!
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 04:33 AM UTC
i have fsx and it runs fine i have a nvidia 7300 gl amd 2.4 dual processor and 300 g and 2 g ram