Post your general item needs here.
Wanted: "Spare" 'Chicken Plate'
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 01:56 PM UTC
OK, this may seem an odd one but please let me explain. I work security in a growing Urban area. Recently I've been posted as a(n Unarmed) Guard in a bank in an area commonly referred to as "Uglytown'" all of the buildings in a 6 block radius are 'Tagged' by MS-13, East Cost Crips, Triad, Bloods, Latin Kings...you name it. Two banks within a 3 Block periphery have been converted to drive thru only due to the fact that they've been subject to armed robbery over 8 times in the past 6 months. My predecessor had to be removed from his post due to 'Psychological Exhaustion'.
In their infinite wisdom, my management has elected to make this an Unarmed post(no gunbattles in the Bank, I guess), but refuse to equip me with even a basic self defense kit (Stun Gun, Taser, Cap-Stun, Body armor) in the interest of cost cutting.
So. I've been wondering if anyone on the site has managed to 'find' a 'souvenier' chicken plate in their travels abroad, or if someone knows someone who might have one. Just something to protect the vitals, if it should come to that.
I've got my security screening & I'm fully rated to purchase from a retail house (i.e.Hardcorps), but I just don't have the $600 plus to shell out for an "Executive Undershirt"(single father in midst of expensive custody battle...).
I do have quite a few models to trade, plus some original Militaria (1939 Solingen Hitlerjugend Knife, anyone?) , also some electronics or hardware.
Anyone with any leads please pm me, reply here, or email me at
[email protected]
I got 2 kids. I mean to survive to see 'em grow up. But a man's gotta earn a living- right?

Peace,
RobH(LD)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hmm...45 views, no responses. Does this mean no one has one to spare, or that no one is willing to part with theirs?
I'd even go for a "slightly used" model(ie:dented, creased, etc.).
I do have a little cash to pony up, plus a few items that may make for good trade: 1985 'Fritz' style ballistic kevlar US military helmet with new headband & woodland camo cover-original, not reproduction; 1956 French model of an M1 'steel pot', excellent condition w/phenolic liner & woodland camo cover; the above mentioned 'Hitlerjugend' Knife; 2 sets of Woodland Camo military issue Gore-tex(jacket &pants); Badger 250 gravity feed airbrush;
and too many models to list here, PM or Email me for a list.
Surely somebody out there can find (or find somone who can find) the item I seek?
I can risk an arm or a leg, but Heartshots suck. Lost 3 buddies that way in Desert Storm 'cause they thought the 62-ply kevlar Flakvest was bulletproof...
Anyone? Anyone? Beuller...?
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
entire network: 761 Posts
KitMaker Network: 262 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 04:17 AM UTC
Your best bet is ebay. I hate that site, but I'm sure you can find a new one there at a decent price. I purchased several IBAs with soft armor from there (not that you need an IBA, but you get the idea). Stay away from used body armor,it's not worth the risk.
Between sweat, frequent wearing, and age, and techno changes, its better to go with new.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm...45 views, no responses. Does this mean no one has one to spare, or that no one is willing to part with theirs?

Most likely option 3, curious members click on the message to see what a chicken plate is. Upon determining that it is a piece of real body armor as opposed to a spare plastic scale model part (I thought you might be asking about gun shields used on HMMWV turrets), they pass the post by without responding.
B-17-guy
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:23 AM UTC
I wish i had a vest i could give you, but I can identify with your situation. I'm an armed guard, I was at a bank for over 2 years. I had a 16yo kid come in and try to rob my bank witha pellet gun. He didnt see me when he came in the door, and as soon as drew my gun on him, he ran out of there so fast I couldnt believe it. My company still wouldnt give me a vest! I've never worn one (outside of the military) so I'm just used to it. I know all it takes is one time, but I cant afford a vest, I'm married with 2 kids. Wish I could help.

Maybe I can help raise cash........Do you by chance have the Revell B-17F in 1/48 in your stash? I'll buy it off you if you have it. Let me know.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC
email sent. "Q"
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:42 PM UTC
Thanks to all who looked and offered. I think that between Matt Q. & 'Doc' Wypzynski, I'm gonna get something worked out.
Jeremy, sorry, no B-17.
Robin- I'm sure you're right as usual. probably shoulda said 'trauma plate', but all the 'Nam era fellows i served with called the ceramic/steel chest plate the chicken plate. New wars, new usages...
 _GOTOTOP