_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Interested in a new club?
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 11:01 AM UTC
I am up on the east shore of Lake Simcoe.....does anyone have an interest in trying to establish a club locally? we seem to be in a bit of a black hole over here ......
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 12:16 PM UTC
Jim,

Either build a bridge over lake Simcoe, or move to the light and join us in Barrie )
Enough snow for you??

Darryl
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:01 PM UTC
thanks.....
Iv HAD it with snow......Im having fantasies of sitting on my deck enjoying the quiet ...the fresh air ...the WARMTH.....
Id love to be in your club...but its just too far for me to drive as I already commute to the city. if I joined I would be an absent member . I really enjoyed the show you guys put on last summer ...I was the skinny guy with the biplanes..Im definitely going to be at your next show ..unless its still snowing !!!!!! I missed Guelph caus of that cotton-pickin storm.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 02:22 AM UTC
I hear you loud and clear!! Its been a nasty winter, just glad I bought a new farm tractor with a heated cab Makes moving the snow bearable )

Darryl
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:24 AM UTC
Darryl,could you tell me what is involved in being a member of your club?As I have said ,I would not be able to attend many meetings.
What would be my obligations and what would be my perks?
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 01:08 PM UTC
Benefits:

Well you get to spend a few hours with a real bunch of great guys, talking plastic and resin The trouble is you would have to talk to me lol. Perks.........free admission to the model show, but we will out you to work

Are you getting hammered with this new storm?

D
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 03:59 AM UTC
yes we got it ..I loved the drive home last night ...saw 2 head on collisions off to the side .....the second one was more of a sideswipe....I probably didnt get much faster than 60 Km until Sunderland...
Is there a newsletter?..what are the fees?I would be an "absent member ",but I agree with supporting clubs and the LHS....I dont mind working at the show...would have a hard time if my wife came ..shed hate that ....Id have to work that part out ...or leave her at home ..
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:17 AM UTC
No newsletter, and there is a voluntary $2.00 /meeting donation that is used to fund our show, and for Christmas dinner goodies.

D
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:42 AM UTC
Like Darryl says....Its a pretty casual club Jim.

Just a bunch of guys that like to build models and get togther once a month to talk about the hobby. Having said that we have some really talented members who do some nice stuff. Even if you only came every other month it would be cool. Nobody is going to mind. Come when you have the time. I have 2 small kids at home so its hard for me to get to every meeting too. We have a few guys who drive down from Bracebridge to attend so were not all local guys.

I hope that you can make it out sometime. I remember your stuff from our show. Be nice to see more of it.

Cheers
Jeff
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 11:49 AM UTC
Ill definitely be at the show ...I had a BLAST last time. I really enjoyed seeing all the armour at the base ....I had never been there before and almost swallowed my tounge when I found that 1:1 scale Churchill!!
What is the date for your show if I may ask? the sooner I let them know at work ,,the more likely Ill be able to go.
Im going to mull over joining your fraternity..I dont get alot of chances to socialize as I work so much...And I enjoy sharing modelling stories ,tecniques,etc...
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 02:58 PM UTC
No show this year. Its going to be next year about the same time and hopefully on base again. We decided to do it every 2 years as its alot of work for a small club such as ours.

Glad you enjoyed it. We had alot of fun oputting it on.
 _GOTOTOP