_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Quartermasters Depot
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC
Hey guys whatever happened to the Quartermasters Depot? I used to love the uniform markings they had for Canadian regiments. Is there anyone else making these markings or are we stuck?

HastyP
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 06:02 PM UTC
They closed down....really too bad as they produced some excellent Canadian WWII and modern decal sets...it's a shame no one stepped up and bought them out and kept producing the sets.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 11:00 PM UTC
They are great decals and I'm glad I managed to pick up a few before they stopped producing. I know Hornet Hobbies in Toronto used to have some, so you might want to check with them.

Darryl
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 2,012 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 04:49 AM UTC
Hey guys,
It's a shame that QD went belly up as there are very little in the way of sources for Canadian vehicle and uniform decals.
Ultracast seems to have stopped making new decal sets and other sources are far and few.
I lucked out and found a quantity of QD stuff at a LHS but it's long gone now.
It would be great if someone bought up the colour prints from QD and started producing them again.
Here's hoping !!
Cheers

jjumbo
tominizer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 118 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC

Any chance of getting the QMD sets an scanning them ??? Anyone interested or is this a big no-no?? Thought it wouldn't matter now that they are long gone...........

I'd definitely be interested in a set of the scans as I may be able to print them out on decal film .................
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 04:28 PM UTC
Well, whether the company is gone or not, the copyright still remains with the owner, Dana Nield. Copying them is illegal and immoral. Selling such copies is not only illegal, but will incur exceptionally bad Karma.

Plus I'll drop a dime on you so fast it will make your head spin. Dana's my friend.

Paul
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 08:59 AM UTC
Archer puts out a bunch of Canadian unit markings...and their British rank markings wiill work for Canadian WW2 ranks generally
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Archer puts out a bunch of Canadian unit markings...and their British rank markings wiill work for Canadian WW2 ranks generally

Yes, and most of them are quite good, but you have to watch the WW II divisional & corps markings as the maple leaf he used is the modern minimalist leaf and not the more lifelike leaf of WW II. Now, a few dabs of amber/gold paint can solve that, but then you can see the raised areas of paint. It's all a trade off.

The leaves used for the Korean markings are good and these are the only 25 Brigade markings I know of and are a real joy to have available.

The modern stuff is all right on the money.

Paul
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 12:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The modern stuff is all right on the money.

Actually, the Canadian Centurion Mk.11 markings are a bit incorrect in respect to the callsign lettering colours and backgrounds....it took me a long time to find the proper references.
 _GOTOTOP