_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Hello from Canada
garthj
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 282 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 09:25 AM UTC
Hi all fellow SA modellers

This was just a short note to say Hi to all of you, from a snowy, cold Toronto.

My wife and I arrived in Canada on 16th Jan, to the coldest Canadian winter since 1939!. Quite a change from the warm SA summer.

The modelling stuff is still on its way in the container, so no hobbies for a while still....

Look forward to chatting more soon!!

Regards
Garth
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 1,021 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 08:16 PM UTC
Well let me give you a "warm" welcome from equally snowy Winnipeg. I hope you feel at home in your new surroundings. Supposedly spring is coming. Of course every time I hear that it snows again. Don't worry. It'll be too hot before you know it.

-Matt
garthj
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply and welcome! I hope we can chat more soon. What are your areas of interest and expertise ?. Mine is mainly 1/35th scale dioramas and 54mm plastic figures and conversions.

How long have you lived in Winnipeg? Canada is really amazing place and we are really happy to be here.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Bye for now
Garth
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 05:43 PM UTC
Well I like to build mostly military themed models. Occasionally something civilian like an F-1 car. I build anything from WWII to modern. Aircraft and tanks. Here's a link to my first ever build blog if you'd like to take a look. It's my first attempt at a diorama too. I think I'm hooked.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/105400&page=1

My favorite vehicles to model are modern tanks and WWII fighters. I have lived in Winnipeg all my life. 25 years and counting.

-Matt
garthj
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 01:26 PM UTC
Hi Matt

Well, I have spent most of Sunday evening looking at this thread. I have absolutely no experience in modern armour, but I can safely say that this is the finest example of an Abrams in a diorama, or any other, that I have seen.

Fantastic effort, it looks great!!

Well done.

Best regards
Garth
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 06:52 PM UTC
I just finished looking at the pictures you have in your gallery. Quite impressive work. Your newest WWII diorama is very nice. I can see you really pay attention to detail. Nothing looks rushed. I think my favorite might be the GMC truck. The angle of the picture is great too. It's like I'm standing next to it. Hope you put up more pictures of your work. And thank you very much for the kind comments. This has been the most fun I've ever had building a model. Sharing my work as I'm building it is a new experience for me that I really enjoy. I think I might do a blog for every model I build from now on.

-Matt
 _GOTOTOP