_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Problems with LuckyModel.com
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:08 PM UTC
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with the online store LuckyModel

I ordered some stuff for a future project, paid for it and that was back on Feb 17, and the order has yet to be shipped I cannot find anyway to contact them so I can inquire about this as it was an expensive order.

I hope maybe someone here might have contact info for me too
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:26 PM UTC
Dear SSgt Cody,

You can drop your message via "My Request", our reply probably block by your ISP mail.

Regards
Raymond
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:35 PM UTC
If the item is in stock it will be shipped right away....if it isn't they have to order it in....the issues are not with Lucky Model they are with the producers who deal with multiple distributors and don't get product out in a timely manner.

Lucky Model's email is right at the bottom of their homepage.....

[email protected]

Send them an email with your name, order number, and item description and they should get back to you within 24 hours with at least an estimate as to when the item should be in.

This has been brought up and addressed many times on many forums.....you have to check the item status when you order.....AVAILABLE means they will order it in for you.....IN STOCK.....means they have it and will ship it ASAP to you.

You only ordered the item 3 weeks ago....no need to worry.....I had an order placed in mid December 2007.....and the item finally came in stock and was just shipped to me finally today....no fault of Lucky Model at all.....they can't make the producer make or send the item any faster to them.

Lucky Model's customer service is very good....email them and they will answer you.........actually I see Raymond has made contact with you personally....very good man....he or Silvia will help you out.

Periodically check your account status to see if the item is PENDING or has been shipped.
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:08 AM UTC
Yeah, saw the address at the bottom of the page a little while ago and sent a message

My problem is that the site lists the items in stock, so that is what is bugging me, but hopefully I hear back from them soon
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 06:39 AM UTC
Jason,

I have purcahsed from Lucky Model many times and agree with you regarding the "available" / "in stock". However I have found lately that even if I order an "in stock" item, it often goes to "available" and then you wait and wait. A number of times lately I have grown weary of waiting, cancelled the order and ordered an in sock item, only to find it go available, and so on and so on. Very Frustrating! I have even gone so far that I will place a separate order for in stock items, and one for those listed as available. But please note, that I order often from Lucky Model and aside from these very rare occurrences, I received excellent service from them.

Darryl
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC
That's what I like about Sprue Brothers...the only internet retailer that shows 'real time' inventory levels.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 11:59 AM UTC
I am currently awaiting an order from LuckyModel that originally showed "in stock".
After two weeks I emailed them and received a prompt reply stating that the order was being 'processed' and would be shipped in one to two weeks!
Fortunately I am not in a huge hurry for the (mostly) PE order.
I suspect (hope!) that I will get the order eventually
Cheers,
Charles
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 01:33 PM UTC
Well, after getting home today, checked the email and still no response from them

And the site is listing them as Available

Getting Irate because of the money involved
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 01:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, after getting home today, checked the email and still no response from them

And the site is listing them as Available

Getting Irate because of the money involved

Raymond from Lucky Model replied to you here......their replies might be blocked by your ISP....try his instructions or send him a PM directly.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 05:16 PM UTC
Yeah and he replied inside of 18 minutes too.

I am sure your concerns will be handled satisfactorily. Internet/mail order has never been an exact science. I can remember running into the same issues pre-Internet when I use to buy all my stereo equipment via mail order.

Cheers,
Jim
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 06:06 PM UTC
I have not ordered from Lucky Model myself (I have a very good LHS.. ) , but I have heard nothing but good about them. From what I understand their customer service is very good.
You may not have realised that Raymond Chung, who posted the first reply in this thread, is from Lucky Models, and wants you to PM him here directly, as your ISP is bouncing his emails.

Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 02:09 AM UTC
I did IM him last night. as for when he first replied to this post. I had not yet sent a message to Lucky Model

I guess I am used to the fast fast service of Squadron and GreatModels
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess I am used to the fast fast service of Squadron and GreatModels

Squadron and GreatModels might be faster because they are in the same country as you

I regularly order from Lucky models and never had anything go wrong. I used to get fristrated waiting for stuff until I figured out the difference between available and in stock but I am much more relaxed about it now. Touch wood and fingers crossed but I've never had an internet purchase go wrong.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 03:14 AM UTC
The service from Lucky Model is one of the best on web..

Any problems i've had has been resolved within a number of hours - not days or weeks (as is the case with some out there)...

Half of the problems come with people confusing 'Available' with 'In Stock' although I can understand that some items can change status (as Charles mentioned).

However, isn't it better contacting the retailer directly rather than posting here?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 05:25 AM UTC
Dear Cody,

We have replied to your via email, PM in this forum. Please check if our email go to the SPAM as yahoo.com may block our reply.

Regards
Raymond
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 11:28 AM UTC
Ditto here on nothing but good service out of LM. Sent them an email once after I placed an order, to cancel one item. Got a response within 24 hours, store credit was posted same day. As mentioned, you have to learn a bit how to "read" the availability of items, and where to post/email your queries (MY ACCOUNT tab). Good luck!
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 11:59 AM UTC
Thanks to you Ray

I am glad that everyone helped me out on this. I will continue with Lucky because they have the largest online listing I have ever seen
 _GOTOTOP