_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
German Ammo Belts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 03:40 AM UTC
Right come on guys!
This is a cry out for help. I desperately need to find ammo belts for the german mg34 and mg42 as most don't come with belts and as i am also trying to finish my dio scene with mg crew moving to position!
Please help!
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 03:44 AM UTC
Try this. Lay out a strip of pewter foil. attach numerous little segments of plastic strip. Lay a second strip over the plastic rod, and glue in place. This is all that comes to mind for the moment.

Jack
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 09:08 AM UTC
Check out the 1/48 scale aircraft PE. The 50cal looks about right for 30cal etc size MG ammo belts. Remembet to have the used portion of the belt hanging out the right side of the gun. MG 42's used a 75 round saddle drum or 50 and 250 round continuous link metal belts.

Here's a good page

http://www.wwiitechpubs.com/barrack/inf-deutschland/inf-de-mg-mg34-mg42/inf-de-mg-mg34-mg42-ftr.html#intro

Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:49 AM UTC
I dont know if this will sound dumb to ya but i have used masking tape to simulate ammo belts,i stick two pieces together and then trim to size and shape i need its usually thick enough to bend around and keep form as such as canvas ammo balts and has some texture to kinda simulate canvas belts,also works good for belts and equipment harnesses.
modelmaniac
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 01:24 AM UTC
Thanks both of you!
NIce link mate!
 _GOTOTOP