_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Canuck Shermans
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:13 AM UTC
Hey guys, I know this question has been asked a thousand times but I need to ask for the thousand and first time. What types of Shermans could I model as Canadian ones and which kits allow me to do this without a million modifications if possible. I know about the dragon firefly but what about all the others.

Thanks
HastyP
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 - 02:23 PM UTC
I wish I could give you an incredibly detailed answer to your question,but honestly ,the Sherman is just one of those tanks that holds little interest for me, apart from the 76mm version.
My best advice to you would be to post this query on the Armorama allied armour forum. I am POSITIVE one of the enlightened souls there will help you ...good luck friend
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:18 PM UTC
Viable types are:

M4
M4A1
M4A2
M4A4

If you stick to the latest kit available from a manufacturer of each kit, you'll be pretty close to the mark, although all of them need at least a little some work to get a really good Cdn example. It all depends upon how anal you are about accuracy. If you're really hung up on accuracy and yet don't want to do very much detailing, then the Tasca M4A1 & Firefly are really good, right out of the box. They're more expensive, of course, but you are buying the best available.

The Dragon Lend Lease M4A2 76 is really close to a post war Cdn M4A2.

HTH

Paul
RobertCoffey
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi Paul. I am modeling a 1944 Italy era tank from the 8th Princess Louises N.B. hussars which is known as the sherman V.The main kit is a M4A1 early production tamiya kit # 35190.I am using a MP Models hull conversion kit # 20103 as the upperhull on the V is longer than the origional.This was known as a lend lease tank.If you go on the web site Sherman register by Hanno Spoelstra there is a ton of info there.Ultracast Canada can supply you with Canadian tank troopers and canadian decals also.If you go on the military modeller web site under reviews WW2 I have a blog file Greetings from New Brunswick where you can see actual photos of the 1944 V in Italy.Any other questions please E mail me at : [email protected]. regards bob Coffey P.S. photos are now on this site under my name
 _GOTOTOP