_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Anyone having trouble uploading to Kitmaker?
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 08:50 AM UTC
I just finished a dio, deleted about 12 photos out of my current galleries, tried up upload 5 pics (which, according to all the numbers shown on my screen of available space compared with how big these files are should not be a problem), but I get a red fatal error message that says I don't have enough space.

Any ideas?

Rob
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 10:03 AM UTC
Hi Robert,
Make sure your image sizes are no larger than 800x600, mate...I've been through the same thing myself...
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:48 PM UTC
You need to make sure you are logged in.
Even though you can get to the upload page without being logged in, it will not allow you to upload without logging in.
I just uploaded 5 to my scrap gallery with no problems--- believe me I'm not special, the gallery mistreats me also if I 1. don't make sure I'm logged in through KITMAKER -- 2. try to upload over sized photos. As Mark said 800x 600 is the max. Anything larger seems to give it a hissy fit. (I'm not sure if the resizing thing is working, but it would always give me problems anyway with the old gallery with errors)

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 01:49 PM UTC
Actually I just uploaded 5 jpg images that were 1024 x 768 without a problem. However much larger images 3200 x1950 or such would probably cause that error. Let's all keep in mind we are asking the server to sometimes resize images direct from digital cameras that are 3MB each. That is not a simple task to do. If you have no other option but to shoot your digital images in hi-res mode, I would suggest that Photobucket or other (million dollar infrastructure) sites are better for that. We are just me and 3 servers here, not a network of 100+ servers all with 8GB of RAM running in 64bit mode.

And as a reminder the maximum file size for uploading images is 3072kB (3MB). Anything larger and you may get the kind of errors mentioned here (as the memory maxes out before the error message telling you the file is too large can appear).

Thanks,
Jim
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 01:56 PM UTC
When I upload, I always resize first. This I do by simply opening and re-saving the photo in the PAINT program of all the Windows operating systems. I dunno how this works, but it strips out a lot of embedded code, usually reducing the kilobyte size of my pix by half.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 - 09:33 AM UTC
I just tried to place a photo in the White-Washed campaign in my White-Washed PzKpfw 35-H blog and it will not display. I went back and tried it again without any luck. I haven't ever had a problem with this before and I did it the same way I always have.

Not sure what happened.

HARV
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually I just uploaded 5 jpg images that were 1024 x 768 without a problem

Well, of course I had to try this, and I also uploaded five 1024x768 with out any problems. Of course I'm fearless to follow the boss's example!

Randy, I have tried the new way, and it works.
Upload to your gallery, open the picture you want, right click, get address from properties, copy the url and paste between [ img ] and [ /img ] without the spaces, which actually is the original way I learned to post photos in the first place.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 12:56 PM UTC
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the help. It worked out fine this time.

Thanks again,

HARV

PS. You don't strike me as being too grumpy!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 01:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You don't strike me as being too grumpy!!

Don't get me before my morning coffee....
Removed by original poster on 03/08/08 - 01:23:16 (GMT).
Roy
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 07:56 PM UTC
Hello,

I have uploading problems with my photos to Kitmaker. I get a red fatal error message that says I don't have enough space, but there I have a lot of space left.

Right now there is 7 photos in queue. Can an administrator delete my queue so I can resize them (to 800x600) and try again?

Cheers,

Christer Johansson
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 06:42 AM UTC
To be on the safe side I have removed all the member upload directories so that you are all starting from scratch now.

Also yesterday I was able to reset our photo processing engine back to the one we use to have. So that should hopefully make some of these issues diminish.

Thanks,
Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 07:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To be on the safe side I have removed all the member upload directories so that you are all starting from scratch now.

Also yesterday I was able to reset our photo processing engine back to the one we use to have. So that should hopefully make some of these issues diminish.

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks for the update, Jim...I noticed that our image upload number is back to ten too, mate...
Roy
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
entire network: 230 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 09:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello,

I have uploading problems with my photos to Kitmaker. I get a red fatal error message that says I don't have enough space, but there I have a lot of space left.

Right now there is 7 photos in queue. Can an administrator delete my queue so I can resize them (to 800x600) and try again?

Cheers,

Christer Johansson

Uploading photos without problems!

I resized my photos to 800x600 and there is no problem with the uploading.

Thank you Jim!
Cheers

Christer
Freighter
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 43 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:14 AM UTC
Being new to the site I've tried uploading a number of photos but am not able to see them yet. The upload page states they are in a queue. What happens to them there? Do you edit/review/vet? Alternatively, what am I doing wrong?

Help!!!
 _GOTOTOP