_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
M8 INFO
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 09:10 AM UTC
I know I might not be in the right forum site!!!!! Iam looking for info on the M8 when it was in the Battle of the Bulge...Iam looking for what division they were assigned to or what regiment?????? And if the Willys jeep would been assigned to them and any other vehicals????? Any info would be thankful,Thanks Jeff
jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 03:48 PM UTC
M8 armored cars were generally organic to reconnisance troops of Cavalry Squadrons, which were, in turn, organic to Armored Divisions. Equipment within the squadron included 1/4 to trucks (jeeps) as well as M3 halftracks, and 2 1/2 ton trucks.

John
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 01:03 AM UTC
John,Thanks for your info....You wouldnt know of a Div. ? Ive got two jeeps built and two M8's...I am trying to put the same Div. markings on all of them....John what part of Texas are you from??? Texarkana here..Thanks for Time and Info!!!! Jeff
jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 07:13 PM UTC
You can check any OBs, such as the one in Wikipedia and find the Divisions. Also I forgot that there were Cavalry Groups attatched directly to Army HQ. BTW, I'm on the other side of the state, in El Paso.

John
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 03:33 AM UTC
Thanks John for the info....That well help me !!!! At lease youve got a little warmer weather!!!
 _GOTOTOP