_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Future Floor Wax Question
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:42 PM UTC
Could I paint the plane in Model Master enamels, then apply future, than apply decals, and then paint over everything with Testors 1260 Dullcote? Or would it not stick?

~Chip
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 02:02 PM UTC
You pretty well described my preferred method of finishing kits. The only thing I would add would be to use whatever decal setting solutions you are comfortable with and that work with the brand of decal you're using. This helps decal adhesion and makes the decal look more like they're painted on. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any troubles using future on your models.
panzerman
Visit this Community
Poland
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Could I paint the plane in Model Master enamels, then apply future, than apply decals, and then paint over everything with Testors 1260 Dullcote? Or would it not stick?

~Chip

Go easy with the way of finishing models you described. I'm doing perfectly the same. The only thing you should be aware of - just don't apply the Future too much in one place to avoid streaks. Also if you use Humbrol's Decalcote 2 to soften the decals, don't apply too much around the decal to cause streaks, as it reacts with future leaving spots with darker borders, it looks nasty to a finished model.

Panzerman
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:29 PM UTC
Chip, Take a look at my article on my Bf 110G-2, I describe how I use Klear (Future) :-)
Three years and a Bf 110G-2
Mal
 _GOTOTOP