_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
picture-hanging advice
TB2
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:58 PM UTC
I have about 12 same-sized plaques I want to hang in my hobby room. The grooves on the back are at different heights, which is making hanging them at the same level difficult.
I'm looking for suggestions please. Since I won't be moving them again I'm even open to using adhesive if it's quick-setting. (I tried using velcro but it tended to slip).

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:14 AM UTC
A grooved shelf?
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 05:10 AM UTC
I'd say a small long bracket to support the bottoms of them (essentially a very narrow shelf, as stated above) and something easily removable (like a small "Z" bracket secured with a small screw to the wall?) at the top of each to keep them from tipping off.
BoogalooJ
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 06:41 AM UTC
Read a tip on this the other day, but haven't tried it yet.
Take some double sided tape and place it just under the groove on the back of each plaque. Stick a thumb tack to the tape where the nail should go. Then just line the plaque up on the wall where you would like it to go and give it a light press. The tack will leave a small hole where the nail should go. As long as you can line the tops of all the plaques up, the holes will take care of themselves.

Hope it helps...

Jamie
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:15 AM UTC

The same concept of this tool can be used for pictures with brackets instead of wire...just make it out of flat stock with a sharp point.

Wish I had a better illustration, I can take a picture of the actual tool if need be.
TB2
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 03:16 AM UTC
Okay, I decided to go with the 'shelf' (basically a piece of decorative wood trim painted to match the door trim. Mock-up looked good; I'm gonna put it up tonight. Thanks for the advice guys.
 _GOTOTOP