_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Where to start?
Jon_Vancil
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 175 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 08:21 PM UTC
I have a massive pile of kits. Not only that but I have several projects started and seem to work through everything like some sort of demented madman. How do you guys manage multiple projects?

(I have an ISU152 in progress as well as two leopard 1s, a Marder, a T34, an M47 and a Unimog!)
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 09:35 PM UTC
It seems to me that you have just described yourself as a plastic model builder and that this is your primary hobby interest. Nothing is unusual about you and your approach.
Some people actually stay on one project until complete in a timely manner, some.
However, most of us are in the same situation as you, me included.
This is not bad or wrong!
If this is creating an agro situation in your build room or area, then try to pack up all except one project.
This one project is what you build until complete. Then start the next until you catch up with yourself.
Your hobby is your own hobby, there are no official deadlines.

Also, have fun!

Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 11:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a massive pile of kits. Not only that but I have several projects started and seem to work through everything like some sort of demented madman. How do you guys manage multiple projects?

(I have an ISU152 in progress as well as two leopard 1s, a Marder, a T34, an M47 and a Unimog!)

I usually build several kits to the painting stage then set them aside until I have enough to do all my painting in one shot. Saves a lot of time and cleanup.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 02:59 AM UTC
I usually have projects going that are in two catagories:1 Similar Phases with similar themes, or 2: different phases

The similar phases are things such as two projects in paint with similar colors or masking volume
The different are one is assembly, one in paint, one in weathering.

They do tend to bottleneck at the airbrush booth. I definitely don't have a completion date set for 2/3 of the projects I have in the works.
footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:19 AM UTC
sounds all pretty standard to us modelers, but to wives and girlfriends i have four on the go at the moment but still cant overcome my modelers block, maybe i need to start something else !
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:49 AM UTC
Jon,

Lol I think we all understand exactly how you feel Just one look at my stash and I feel kind of guilty having so many kits to be built. My wife though looks at it differently, as she says "its your hobby, your passion, its not a bad hobby, no one gets hurts and you love to build, paint and talk models", so I guess its all good

I often have two or three kits on the go at anyone time. Presently I have a Dragon 251c, Tamiya Phibber, and a old Testor/Italeri Horch car.

Have fun, and build, build, build!!

Darryl
 _GOTOTOP