_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Gold Reef Scale Modellers
trakk120
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 01:17 AM UTC
Greetings

Gold Reef Scale Modellers, a modelling club catering for all types of modellers in and around Johannesburg, meets every last Saturday of every month at the Johannesburg Museum Of Military History upstairs in the Delville Wood room. The museum is situated next to the JHB Zoo in Saxonwold. Meetings are in a friendly relaxed environment and modellers are encouraged to bring models to every meeting as we have a "show and tell" after the formalities have been concluded. The club caters for all levels and skills of modelling as well as all aspects of modelling including figures, aircraft, armour, dioramas etc. Themes are set for each month and modellers are also ncouraged to try and bring a model pertaining to that months theme. There is only one rule and that is once you have attended one meeting, you gotta attend the rest! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require motre information. Send me a PM if you wish and I will give your more details.

Regards, Arthur
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi Arthur,

Welcome to the KitMaker Network

I believe we actually have quite a few members of your club here, just wish a few more local lads would get more involved with internet modelling as well

Rudi
trakk120
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:50 PM UTC
Hi Rudi

thanks for the welcome.! Ja, it is a pity that a lot of SA modellers like to keep to themselves and not get involved. I'm new to this site as I am usually on the Finescale forum but this looks like a helluva better site. I primarily build figures so this site is better suited to me as I have noticed a lot of good threads and topics.

watch this space!

Cheers, Arthur
 _GOTOTOP