_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Weathering
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 10:41 PM UTC
I send a couple of weeks ago a Forum about how to make a plaster house of wall, I painted the models in a Italian style ( dio should take place in Siclia or South Italia ) the basis color i use until now are white (1768 Model Master ) and different mixing with yellow ( Humbrol154 and Humbrol Satin 71 ) got a total of 7 Colors.
Now i need Tips about how to weather my model How would you go from there to get something like this picture

IT IS ACTUALY IN THE BLUE EFFECT
but if you know this picture you know what i mean.

Do i must wash in the white what is the best way. Because every War Theater are different so is the Weathering wash technieke. Can you help there
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:39 AM UTC
RIMA,
I'm not quite following? Do you want to duplicate the blue affect in the picture on the actual diorama?
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:57 AM UTC
Do you want to duplicate the blue affect in the picture on the actual diorama
Hell no
it came on the picture throught the scanner don't know why
but the picture is knowne ( it is about the Monte Cassino ) and the ruines seams to have a white/yellow effect.
The question is how to weather the ruines by the Italian campaign,
Cpl_Grimes
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 5 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
Just a thought. With old bullet holes a technique i have often used is to drill a small hole and the dab a small amount of this mixture: about 1/2 water, about 1/4brown and about 1/4 bronze. Once dabbed on let it "dribble" a bit so it looks like rust. This can be used with anything for rust i believe.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
All the pictures I've seen of the Italian campaign are either knee deep in mud or sun baked. If you are after the sun baked look I would go for lots of dry brushing in light tones, first with an old large brush with "hard" bristles in a scrubbing motion, then more traditional drybrushing.
 _GOTOTOP