_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Panther Ausf G
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 06:05 AM UTC
This is my 1/35 DML Panther Ausf G (Smart Kit) after my long break from modelling. It was done OOTB apart from the tracks which are from fruilmodel.

The right turret side has a huge gap (probably from my poor assembly skills) and I kinda hate the paint scheme i'd done. I think it is too "chipped" up too.

Anyway I'm planning to do a diorama with this tank and I will then dirty it up more. Any dio ideas for me?

eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:38 AM UTC
Dude,
Summer campaign Eastern Front.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:42 AM UTC
Dude maybe submit for this campaign
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=242
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's a great idea

however, do you have any recommendations of a base for dios? I've seen people using photo frames but I feel that it is too 'fragile' for heavy loads, is it not?

Daiso and Art Friend got sell those chip board or wood pieces that you might want to use. Also you might want to consider those earth tiles from Daiso.

By the way, you still with SPF?
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:26 PM UTC
Not very sure if I wanna join the campaign as I have no experience with dioramas.

Now must think hard of an idea for a dio, else the fruil tracks will go to waste!
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not very sure if I wanna join the campaign as I have no experience with dioramas.

Now must think hard of an idea for a dio, else the fruil tracks will go to waste!

Dude,
Maybe you could do something with men reloading or refitting the machine. Lesser movement compared to a combat diorama.
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:23 PM UTC
That's a great idea

however, do you have any recommendations of a base for dios? I've seen people using photo frames but I feel that it is too 'fragile' for heavy loads, is it not?
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That's a great idea

Daiso and Art Friend got sell those chip board or wood pieces that you might want to use. Also you might want to consider those earth tiles from Daiso.

By the way, you still with SPF?

hmmm guess i'll have to make a trip down to these stores one of these days.

Yup, i'm still with SPF. I can't stand office hr jobs, don't like my butt to get sweaty
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How about a diorama where the panther is having a hard time trying to cross over a fallen tree trunk (obviously the tree trunk will be partially crushed under the weight of the panther). Panther already halfway across but stopped as the crew look on to see if its a good idea to continue.

Those wood bases from art friend are quite ideal but needs to be varnished of painted. The best tip I can give is to choose the smallest base you need, less dead space around the dio makes for nicer looking piece.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 05:26 PM UTC
office hours?...yup i agree. I cant wait to get back to shift in April. Now back to school lah. But i ve left force liao.. Now more Home team.
And i even "renunciate" my reservist with them. I manage to get back to SAF for my reservist..
 _GOTOTOP