_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Lighting the table
wombatq
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 08:42 AM UTC
Hello everyone!

I'm taking the next week away from my workbench to improve the basement hobby area. My wife and I share the basement with workbenches on opposite walls (with both having extra stations for the kids). One thing I'd like to do (besides some fresh paint and a serious floor scrubbing) is improve the lighting.

We both have daylight balanced Ott Lights for our main task station, and a couple of small directional lights. I'm thinking of a couple of small, circular ,fluorescent lights or of standard 48" shop light fixture. Now, I know they have a green shift, but they aren't used for color matching or anything like that.

Am I barking up the right tree? Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks

Marc
TB2
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 02:52 AM UTC
Fluorescent's all I use. I have two task lights; one's a round fluorescent w/ magnifier that I use for building. The other's for any occasional modelling buddy who joins me. I also have two 48" tubes flanking the inside of the closet, which will be a display case in the spring/ summer. Although you may not plan on using them for colour accuracy, I still recommend getting a natural 'daylight' fluorescent or other tube that claims to produce truer colour.
Funny thing is there's a window facing East right in front of my desk which I could use but I always keep the blinds closed because I don't like modelling by daylight. Wife thinks I'm part .
 _GOTOTOP