Post your general item needs here.
Need a moderator's help, please.
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 808 Posts
KitMaker Network: 326 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 06:14 AM UTC
This is a general post for a moderator's help.
I would like to know what guidelines/polocies determine what can be posted concerning unscrupulous individuals using this board to cheat other members.
I have very good reason to believe that I have fallen victim to such an individual.
It is not my intention to cause harm to anyone's reputation, but feel it is necessary to let the board know that there may very well be a predator using this site to try and finacially benefit by their dishonest actions.
My apologies to all if this is an inappropriate post. I am just trying to do what I feel is right by alerting others to this situation.
Joe
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 08:49 AM UTC
Hi Joe,

I'm sure one of the moderators will respond shortly, but in the interim you could drop the BST host, Scott Lodder, a PM.

HTH

Rudi
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:18 AM UTC
Hi Rudi,
Thanks for the link.
Joe
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:27 AM UTC
Not a Mod for this forum but,

it is generally acceptable to post a thread naming an individual who has not come through on a deal. It benefits the whole community. Sometimes it may not be a crooked deal but just a slow trader, seller or buyer. If it helps the matter to a satisfactory close......all the better.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 11:06 AM UTC
Hi Joe. Have you tried contacting him? No answer after several attempts?
Name and shame. Others could be in the process of getting ripped off as well.

If something crops up in the immediate future and you find out, you weren´t ripped off .. just apologise. No harm done.
I got ripped off in the summer (on another site) ... not a large amount ... but its the principle. The buy/sell/trade forum only works when honesty and trust prevail.
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 01:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Joe. Have you tried contacting him? No answer after several attempts?
Name and shame. Others could be in the process of getting ripped off as well.

If something crops up in the immediate future and you find out, you weren´t ripped off .. just apologise. No harm done.
I got ripped off in the summer (on another site) ... not a large amount ... but its the principle. The buy/sell/trade forum only works when honesty and trust prevail.

Hi Frank,
I sent payment via U.S.P.S. money order on the 11th of January.
Tried contacting the seller but no response to a pm or e-mail. Posted asking for help and heard from him within 5 hours. Promised shipment the next day.
The kits may still arrive in the next day or two, but I have been contacted by another member with basically the same story (sent payment, no communication, contacted after my post, immediate shipment promised and nothing received).
I have also been contacted by a third member who is trying to work a deal. I advised against it.
This is following the same routine that happened when I've been ripped off on two previous occasions. So, although I'm suspicious I want to try and be sure. I do not take lighly trashing somone's reputation undeservedly. If however they are dishonest, then their deeds will have dictated their reputation
I could post the name now, but want to be sure of what's going on. I realize that I could always apologize if I was wrong, but I feel that would be doing this individual an injustice.
Whether or not they do the right thing, I want to make sure that I do.
If anyone wants to contact me I will discuss it privately. If the kits are not received by Tuesday 02-05-08 and it's not violating board policy I will then go public with the individual's name.
I have $68.00 invested. I'm not sure about others, but that is a good deal of money to me.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but it isn't looking good (for me or the other guy) at this point in time.
Joe

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 06:34 AM UTC
There have been other threads about other members who have had trades go sour.

No matter what outcome this takes keep it factual and non-personal.
Removed by original poster on 02/05/08 - 08:24:35 (GMT).
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:24 PM UTC
Test... time zone reset.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:26 PM UTC
test
Glue_Huffer
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 02:48 PM UTC
You might as well go public with the name since it's already quite easy to find who you're talking about by accessing your profile and viewing your past forum posts in the Buy, Sell, & Trade forum.
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:29 PM UTC
Wasn't me
footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 08:48 AM UTC
is it not possible to have a list or page on these people who dont follow through with the deal . with a post from the guys who were more or less ripped off, telling others what happened . or if the seller or swapper is slow or quick in the transaction. it happened to me on the buy and sell page it wasn't that much just some figs weapons and equipment and the cost of p&p but its the principle that counts.
 _GOTOTOP