General items for sale by poster.
Book for sale - Mold Making & Resin Casting
m_buchler
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 137 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 06:27 PM UTC
Since I did my Goshawk project, I've had several inquiries about how I made a particular mold, or how a particular part can be cast in resin. So, with that in mind, I decided it might be helpful to put it all into book form. It should answer many questions on how to get started casting your own home made resin aftermarket parts. Here is the "official" write-up:

Have you always wanted to make your own custom scale model parts? "A Beginner's Guide to Mold Making and Resin Casting for the Hobbyist" is an introduction to the art of making molds and casting small resin parts for the scale modeler. Covers tips and tools for scratchbuilding your original patterns, making silicone rubber molds, and casting your final parts. Includes demonstrations for simple molds, and also for more complex, multi-part molds. Also introduces the reader to vacuum forming clear plastic airplane canopies. Includes many B/W photos and diagrams. Easy to understand and written for the beginner.

As it a self-published book, I'm making it available through Lulu.com, for an affordable $12.04:
http://www.lulu.com/content/1792664

_GOTOTOP