Tamiya-Con 2008 Canceled
Chilihead
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 626 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 10:49 AM UTC

Greetings,

I hope this e-mails finds every one in good health & spirits for the new year.

Regrettable I must inform every one that Tamiya Con WILL NOT take place this year.

There were many factors that contributed to its cancellation - too many to list here.

However, I was told there will be a Tamiya Con '09 for sure, and there will be a date posted well in advance on our website.

As I get more information, I will let y'all know.

Please pass this e-mail along to everyone you know so the word gets out to those not on this list.

In the mean time, happy modeling and think of it this way: you have more time now to finish that award winning model which will take you to Japan.

Slainte,
Richard

p.s. For those of you planning on attending the AMPS show in April, I'll see you there.

Richard Poulsen
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 05:43 PM UTC
What happened?
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 1,021 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 06:16 PM UTC
I certainly hope this is the only time it is ever canceled. Once is too many.
CReading
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 01:49 AM UTC
This is the second year that they have canceled Tamiyacon in California. Last year they apparently sold and moved from their TamiyaUSA facility in Laguna Hills. I think they downscaled the USA branch considerably. Really a shame.....it was a beautiful place.
Last year they said there would 'definitely' be a TamiyaCon in the future.....I thought they meant this year. I hope they gear up and have them again in my lifetime.....it was one very well done and interesting event to attend.
Cheers,
Charles
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 03:49 AM UTC
Well I guess that means that there will be no Tamiya Con Canada then.

You think you guys have it bad, missing a show or 2. We have had only 2 Tamiya Cons here in Canada since 2003, and none since 2005. At this rate, it doesn't look like there will be one for quite some time.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 08:07 AM UTC
This is from Tamiya America's Web Site

Tamiya/Con 2009

Tamiya/Con Returns in 2009!
Tamiya/Con, Tamiya America's premiere modeling event and expo, has taken a break for the past two years and we proudly announce it will return in full swing in April of 2009. The exact April date and location will be announced shortly along with the 2009 rules and model categories. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued enthusiasm and support for the event throughout the years. We look forward to bringing back one of the most prestigious model events in America and seeing new and familiar faces once again. See you in 2009!

Make sure to check back soon for updates and further announcements

_GOTOTOP