_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello one and All....
longshark1985
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 12:15 PM UTC
Well I'm sure you get enough of these topics started off so I'll Keep it Quick....

I've been model making since I was 9, Aircraft, Tanks and sadly Games Workshop (alot of GW to be precise)...

I've finally got back into "proper" modelling after a 6 year gap....
and to be honest I'm impressed at the rate at which the hobby world seems to have moved at...and picked up a chally 2 as my first project....

thanx for reading all....

Long...
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 09:36 PM UTC
Gday Mr Taylor
Firstly welcome, and secondly I can't vouch for GW stuff, but you may find that it isn't a second class citizen to military modelling etc. but just a different part of the same family...
Gawd knows we're all in the same gang of sorts...
I know what you mean about the advancements, even in your '6 year gap'... Pigments pin washes filters pre shading post shading etc etc things that many have been doing/using for years but have finally found the light of day and plenty or popularity to boot...
Hope to see some of your bbuilds doon. Esp. the Chally II
Cheers
Brad
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:28 AM UTC
Welcome to our wonderful site.

Feel free to ask questions whenever you feel the need. These sites are full of experts that will make a lot of effort to ensure your questions are answered correctly.

I highly reccomend checking out the ongoing campaigns. Participation in the campaigns has really helped my meager skills by forcing me to try things I would not have done otherwise.

Reading the forums will alow you to find many new techniques and procedures that will amaze your friends. Also, the kit reviews will probably help you when choosing kits. I almost always check for reviews before ploping down my hard earned retirement $$$s.

Again, Welcome. And happy modeling.
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:38:08 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP