_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello and greetings.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 11:16 AM UTC
Hello all.
I have been building models and dioramas since my father introduced me to the world of models some 40 odd years ago.
I built them for fun and pleasure throughout my school days and during my years of service in the British Army. I served in the Household Cavalry (Life Guards) in many different areas of the world, from the far and middle east, to most areas of Europe. Norway, Greece, Germany etc. I also served in Canada on the battle group training staff.
I have crewed, commanded and instructed on Ferret, Saracen, Saladin, all the CVR vehicle range (Scorpion, Scimitar etc) including the wheeled Fox, as well as Chieftain and Challenger 1. MBT's.
When I retired I married a girl from South Carolina and moved here. I owned and ran my own hobby shop until 1992.
I am now semi retired and spend a few hours a week in my workshop enjoying my models and reliving my youth!

Great to be here a wonderful site indeed.

Keith.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 07:43 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Keith
I imagine we'll be seeing some scale versions of some AFVs you crewed?
Cheers from down under
Brad
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 06:51 AM UTC
From one Keith to another welcome,only been on the site a couple of months myself but realy enjoy the chat and looking at all the great models here. enjoy it yourself I,am sure you will find plenty of information you need here
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:31 AM UTC
Welcome to our wonderful site.

Feel free to ask questions whenever you feel the need. These sites are full of experts that will make a lot of effort to ensure your questions are answered correctly.

I highly reccomend checking out the ongoing campaigns. Participation in the campaigns has really helped my meager skills by forcing me to try things I would not have done otherwise.

Reading the forums will alow you to find many new techniques and procedures that will amaze your friends. Also, the kit reviews will probably help you when choosing kits. I almost always check for reviews before ploping down my hard earned retirement $$$s.

Again, Welcome. And happy modeling.
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:38:00 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP