_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Selecting Titles for your Work
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 06:07 AM UTC
Yup Jack here again. I wanted to begin a thread on selecting titles for scenes Dioramas etc. I think the title is a very important aspect of any work. If the title is too long it doesn't come off right. If it's too "pompous" well.....that doesn't do the trick either. I've found that idioms, colloquial phrases, bible quotations, and so on can work well if balanced properly. The idea is not to bludgeon the spectator over the noggin. For example a play on words can be ideal. To give you an example "Ashes to Ashes carries the idea of the temporal nature of human existence, while at the same time reflecting the creation and termination aspect of Man, the German Reich etc. This also calls to mind the ashes left from the blunder headed Allied bombing of the Abbey at Monte Cassino. So you see a good play on woe*rds can have meant different orientations. And in case you hadn't guessed I'm working on part two, which is entitled "Dust to Dust" This will focus on the Poles entering the dust of the Abbey. The last Banzai represents the final, illfated Japanese armour attack during WW2 (don't recall the exact battle name). And Requiem, is of course a Requiem for a nation, a people, evrything to do with the Balkan Madness. A diorama should make us think, a title should help to understand the essence of the composition.

Jack wax philosphic.

DARN! Sorry entered without a topic, got too excited over my 100th posting
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 03:20 AM UTC
Not really a diorama, but I have a couple of names for things I have built. I have a display of some aircraft. An A20, B24, 25, 26, and 29. It is titled the roaring twenties. A buddy of mine wanted to do one of a P47, a F105, F84, and an A10 I believe. At one time the Air Force had bumper stickers that siad "Feel the Thunder". Wanted to place the planes around the bumper sticker. I had some more I was thinking of, but cant recall what they are at the moment. "Q"
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 04:05 AM UTC
That is a good one, roaring twenties ties in nicley as a double usage.

Cheers,

Jack :-)
 _GOTOTOP