_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Close up pics?
Sladog
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 111 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:12 PM UTC
How in the world do I get close up pics? I have a digital camera then a regular 35mm camera. The digital one cannot get close without getting blury.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 12:03 AM UTC
First question - Is there a Macro setting? Macro setting allow a closer focal range. In the camera's I have seen this setting is indicated by a little flower icon.
Second option is zooming in. Do you have a zoom feature? If so, step back use the zoom feature to fill the view finder. This method is a bit less 'accurate'. It's a 'work around' and will 'get the job done' if macro settings aren't available.

What type make and model of camera do you have?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 12:14 AM UTC
If neither of Slodder's methods work because the camera isn't powerful enough, assuming it's digital, set yourself to the finest resolution possible and get as close as possible while remaining in focus. Then use your photo editing program to enlarge and crop the image. If it's regular SLR, consider buying a macro lens. If that's too pricy, there are extension tubes and magnifyers that screw on like a filter. Your local full service photo store can direct you to the best solution for your problems.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
Another solution, if your camera can cope with tose (I mean the digital one because the SLR for sure will) is to buy a set of additional lenses for close-ups. A set of three (usually +4, +2 amd +1) costs a few bucks and I think are worth the investment.
Ciao
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:22 PM UTC
I'm not sure how close I can get but this has worked fairly well for me with my digital camera. I zoom in to full zoom. Then I get as close as I can with the camera and zoom out until it looks to be in focus. On my camera I have to use the digital view display on the back. I can't use the optical view finder because distance between the view finder and the lens will throw you off at close range.

A macro lens would be much better but I won this camera at work so I can't complain.
 _GOTOTOP