_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Modeller's Bug.....
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 33 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 04:18 AM UTC
Heya all.....

Is it me or a modeller's common bug is just buy and buy model kits until there's barely enough in the store room.....I think i've got more than 20 kits (either unbuilt of semi-built) that i stock up over the years.....
hoplocat
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 01:50 PM UTC
Common, I've been stockpiling for the last 20 years.
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 05:41 PM UTC
I got that problem too, everytime i surf the web, see the mags or visit the hobby shops, there's always something that catch my eye...its too much actually...

Meanwhile, I've got 3-5 projects that are half built...so I've resolved to stop buying kits till at least I finish my current projects.

But God help me if I bump into trumpeter's 1/15 scale M16 halftrack.
too much really
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 08:48 PM UTC
Then maybe we could have an exchange progran between local modellers....like, exchanging for an unbuilt model from one modeller to another....

How do u guys think about that?
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 10:37 PM UTC
I want to exchange my IAF F-16, just need to get me the paintwork done...hehehe
In exchange i can Prime ur models...
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I want to exchange my IAF F-16, just need to get me the paintwork done...hehehe
In exchange i can Prime ur models...

well guys, any takers...

Anyway, Ive got a 1/35 Tamiya Tiger (think it's a mid production)...willing to trade with another model (preferably a German Panzer)
Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 06:15 AM UTC
Welcome to the club bro! I started taking up the hobby 3 months ago and already have 7 unbuilt kits! ........gulp! and the best part is since i started a new job in the real estate industry i hardly had time to touch them !! Must try to find time soon or else i may have to leave them untouched,
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:13 AM UTC
Being a new guy here, I can't help but notice it's the same regular joes who's the only ones either posting or replying......

Where's the other kakis?
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Being a new guy here, I can't help but notice it's the same regular joes who's the only ones either posting or replying......

Where's the other kakis?

Well some to stir, some look see, some to say hi and some are busy....
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
No offense but 20 is nothing. I had that when I stopped modeling back in 1985. I got the bug about 6 years ago when I stumbled on this site and saw all the changes to the hobby and amazing talent posted here. I tried las summer to actually build something. Got 2 off the ground and tried my hand at a bit of photo-etch but life got in the way again. With no sign of change in my situation for the immediate future, I keep buying (though less & less lately). I guess buying the kits I WANT to build and participating in this site are my way of being connected to the hobby until better/building days come along.
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 06:39 PM UTC
Hi,

Same problem here. But I resolved it by keeping the production going, and the best way is to join the campaigns! Exchange? I am ok, but would prefer unstarted kits.
And welcome to the club!
Cheers!
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 07:53 PM UTC
Thanks guys.....for welcoming me......

Maybe we could start an exchanging program in which those have access kits may exchange with another modeller.....

We could start with a list of which model we're willing to part with...
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 01:49 AM UTC
But I intend to build all my kits!

But seriously, a swap meet would be cool.
Here's my list of un-built stuff I want to sell, but may be willing to swap if I see something interesting:
1/72 Revell
Shelter & Ground Plate
1/35 Tamiya
Centurion
US Marine LVTP7A1
Hummer with M242 Bushmaster
1/35 Dragon
NATO MLRS

...to name a few.
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 03:43 AM UTC
Good to see Abang Sonny start the ball rolling......any one else?
madcat911
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 112 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where's the other kakis?

They're over on Plamo .
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 11:17 AM UTC
Sharing of kits is a great idea. Armorama is a good way for local modellers and vendors to reach to the modellers in the outside world.
There are other topics here that might interest each of us to contribute, such as army stories and also reviews of movies and books.
Take ur time to explore the features available here.
Think globally with an open mind...

Cheers
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 03:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sharing of kits is a great idea. Armorama is a good way for local modellers and vendors to reach to the modellers in the outside world.
There are other topics here that might interest each of us to contribute, such as army stories and also reviews of movies and books.
Take ur time to explore the features available here.
Think globally with an open mind...

Cheers

Hi,

I would like to exchange my Tamiya's Challenger II and HMMV for kits that are of WII era. German preferred. Anyone interested, pls PM me.

As to Erizemen's note, yes, I would agree to share globally, but for kits, it may make more economical sense to do it locally, due to the fact that most members in this forum ar in US and both parties may end up paying high postage cost. But He is rght, we should continue to share ideas and techniques, with the folks out there.

Cheers!
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 04:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

I would like to exchange my Tamiya's Challenger II and HMMV for kits that are of WII era. German preferred. Anyone interested, pls PM me.

As to Erizemen's note, yes, I would agree to share globally, but for kits, it may make more economical sense to do it locally, due to the fact that most members in this forum ar in US and both parties may end up paying high postage cost. But He is rght, we should continue to share ideas and techniques, with the folks out there.

Cheers!

Hi Dan,

What WWII kits do you have in mind? I have a few Tamiya Tiger Is, Panthers which I won't find time to build...

I have a Chally II half-built but wouldn't mind another unbuilt (for decalling projects anyway).
Which Humvee kit do you have?

Cheers!

Lawrence
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 05:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Where's the other kakis?

They're over on Plamo .

I thought we are suppose to discuss about the topic..Not plamo? I mean this is not an Rc site i heard the last time..so i guess its not about plamo too..another local form..
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi,

Cheers!

Hi Dan,

What WWII kits do you have in mind? I have a few Tamiya Tiger Is, Panthers which I won't find time to build...

I have a Chally II half-built but wouldn't mind another unbuilt (for decalling projects anyway).
Which Humvee kit do you have?

Cheers!

Lawrence

PM sent!

Cheers!
madcat911
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 112 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 01:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Where's the other kakis?

They're over on Plamo .

I thought we are suppose to discuss about the topic..Not plamo? I mean this is not an Rc site i heard the last time..so i guess its not about plamo too..another local form..

I believe that Zerstorer was asking where the local modelers are hanging out online. AFAIK, the modelers on Plamo are more active in posting than they are here. Hence, I was simply directing him to that forum. I was not trying to promote Gunpla.

The guys over at Plamo are not strictly into building stuff that is most commonly associated with the term Plamo i.e. Gundam. There are other people who do armour and aircraft as well.

Yes, most of the members there are into Gunpla, but there are those who do military modeling. They organise group builds and meet after each one to show what they have done for the GBs. In fact, there was a GB meet up about 2 weeks back for those who participated in the "Teen-fighter GB" i.e. F-14, F-15, F-16, F/A-18 etc. Those who took part brought their finished models down and shared about their experiences building the kit. It was all great fun and modelers got to learn from fellow modelers.

So, Plamo is not just for Gunpla. It is a forum for local PLAstic MOdelers. I guess that that puts all of us here in the same boat.

Now that we're done with the off-topic part, let's get back to the real topic.

I guess that all of us have our stash of unbilt/half-built stuff. Personally, I have over 70 kits at home plus another 30 more stashed elsewhere. And it has only been 4 years since I picked up this hobby.

I know of people who stash over 300 kits so Zerstorer, don't worry about your unbuilt stash... yet.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 01:45 AM UTC
I know i'm guilty of this too. Its just the sinful pleasure you get, you know like chocolate. the feeling when you open a NEW box of plastic, touch them, caress them...hmm..ahhh...
ok, that's sound so wrong. hahah.

anyways, i got a lots of half-built kits lying around too. like
- 2 scud launchers from dragon,
- 4 Russian sam6 from trumpeter,
- one each of the hobby boss leopard variants(that makes it 6),
- 1 f-18d(halfway done, waiting for the chaff dispenser to arrive),
- 2 1/32 scale f-16(doing it in IAF colors. Yippee!!)

and about 20 tanks in primer primed condition just sitting around waiting for its time to roll.
Geez, thats an awful lot i have. I am feeling a bit guilty now, NOT!!
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hei Danial....

What armour kits that you're willing to part with?
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 01:12 PM UTC
Ooooh, Parting is so ever painful.... But it would happier for the both of us (model and me)

Anyways, I hope to let go of some (because their "plastic perfume" no longer interests me). I blame myself for falling into their trap, it was so alluring, so intimate that I couldn't resist myself. Now they no longer smell nice (so sick of the same perfume day in day out). Sorry honeys, we best part. I'm off to seek "younger, fresh smelling ones". Smart kits, where are yoooooooou?!

Great idea for kit swapping guys!

Let me know if any of you want to part a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J? The one with the Randall Cunningham's Showtime 100 kit. I sold one a long time ago (big regret)! now I need one because I'm planning a F-4N heavy conversion project (based on J) for a Sundowner! I can trade my armor kit(s) for one.
khairy1974
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 08:57 PM UTC
Hei guys...i'm looking for a King Tiger model....from dragon....
 _GOTOTOP