_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas Platoon January meeting
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hey guys its been several months since we last got together. Due to holidays and such I figured it best to forego trying to get together. But, its a new year and I have seen Moe or Mike or Bruce in ages and as for Ben...well the rat is probably off to China again without taking any model orders from us (LOL). OK so Jan 26 is the scheduled date. And if ya'll promise to come out, I'll come by and show you what I got for Christmas....with Keith's permission of course. Jim /Keith, I hope you guys got in the "Bama. I managed to so far have uemployment approved (provided Dotty doesn't try to buck it)and am Expecting a healthy (for me) Tax refund
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 02:30 AM UTC
Yes, we need to get together. I haven't gotten anything done in quite a while and I need something to push me to get started back up. A little show and tell should do that.

Also, we need to work on swelling the ranks. My wife and I were at the shop yesterday so I could pick up the new Monogram Visible B-17G. It's coooooool. But anyway, yesterday was the day that doll maker's club meets. They had the back room stuffed, probably fifteen people in there. And dolls everywhere. It was kinda creepy, actually. That's pretty good compared to me, Steve, and Moe, and maybe Jim if he's there, fighting for space from the 40K guys.

Any ideas on how to get more people involved? I don't think there's a sign up about the club in the store anywhere. And since Rick came over from HobbyTown, I think some customers followed him over. Maybe we could get some of them involved.

It would be good to see the back room full of armor and aircraft and people.

See you the 26th Steve.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 07:19 AM UTC
OK less than a week to go. I see 30 hits on the look list I know some ar me and Bruce, hopefully the rest of you guys have looked and plan on getting together. I've got some interesting freebee goodies coming in to work into the Alabama, If they arrive I'll bring those.

I may bring in my Christmas present, but I'll ask Keith first , if not I've got a pic or two I can share.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 05:29 AM UTC
Haven't seen a 'Bama yet in the shop, Steve, but who knows, it might be there Saturday.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 08:56 AM UTC
OH OH.....it has been out since before Christmas....But now it is not a problem. I went over to check out some of the on line shops and Great models had it on super sae for less than $95 so with $7.50 for shpping I'll gt it for $101.
 _GOTOTOP