Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
The Great State of New Jersey
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 12:23 AM UTC
Dave (Grumpyoldman) ought to get to know his neighbors. NJ has the highest percentage of millionaire households in the nation.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/01/11/nj_has_high_percentage_of_millionaires/9710/
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hell old grumpy is a Millionaire did you not see his work area all full of kits and mostly resin ones at that.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 07:25 AM UTC
We also are pretty close to the top in the nation in cancer related deaths, violent crime, white collar crime, corrupt politicians, crooked cops, drug dealers, and illegal aliens (lately these three terms are interchangeable!), and have some of the greatest slums created by man, and don't get me started on one of the most screwed up legal systems. (the past 5 years I seen more Judges removed for illegal deals than appointed for integrity!--- including a past state attorney general):D

(One of the few who doesn't have a Turnpike exit anywhere near! although I'm in the middle of Route 80-Route 287-Route 280 junction.)
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 07:51 AM UTC
In Kelly’s Heroes when the General (Carroll O'Connor) gets to the bridge and asks the 42nd Engineers’ Sgt. Bellamy (Len Lesser) where he’s from
He answers “Jersey City” and Carroll O'Connor says “Well don’t feel too bad about it son.”
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In Kelly’s Heroes when the General (Carroll O'Connor) gets to the bridge and asks the 42nd Engineers’ Sgt. Bellamy (Len Lesser) where he’s from
He answers “Jersey City” and Carroll O'Connor says “Well don’t feel too bad about it son.”

Great quote

I've been to that state a lot driving big rig Great state indeed
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 01:39 AM UTC
It's not really a state, it's a borderless institution !!!!

They should take all the criminals in the U.S., surround the state with an invisible high voltage dog fence type thingie, [ Escape from N.Y. style ] and just let em all kill each other off. The land is basically worthless, no toxins here !!!!!! Ciba Geigy's secret chemical burial dumps down here, cancer ally off the McCarter highway, the list is endless.
Why, ... I can put a pork chop on the back deck of my house that faces the Oyster Creek nuke plant and when I come home from work it'll be cooked !!!!

It's still not too bad where I live in the Pinelands area, but it is fast becoming populated.
25 - 30 yrs ago I lived up in Patterson, Passiac, and Garfield, Lodi, Wallington, [ ahhh, Wallingto N.J., a mom and pop bar on every corner of every intersection ].
It sucked then and I would imagine it got way worse.

Oh and don't forget about the APOCALYPSE NOW line spoken by Robert Duvall, " what the hell do you know about surfing lieutenant, you're from G.D. New Jersey !!!! "
Cheyenne
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC
It Just amazes me that Shaun can use the terms "Great State" and "New Jersey" in the same sentence...
Yep, I'm a new yorker by birth...
And despite LIVING IN Passaic, GrumpyOl'Dave is one of the FINEST men you're ever likely to meet.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 11:20 AM UTC
I never knew you lived in Wallington Glenn.
I lived there for 15 years, on Mercer Street.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
entire network: 574 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave (Grumpyoldman) ought to get to know his neighbors. NJ has the highest percentage of millionaire households in the nation.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/01/11/nj_has_high_percentage_of_millionaires/9710/

Sssssh. The dirty little secret is Dave IS one of those millionaires!
cheyenne
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 09:40 AM UTC
Holy crap Dave I lived on VanWinkle close to main, and if I'm not mistaken the next cross street towards the Passiac River was Mercer !!!!! Lived there from " 77 " til " 80 ".
Not only that the guy that lived across the hall from me had the same name as me - Glenn Sudol, I mean they're not hurting for that Polish last name in Wallington [ 100 or so in the phone book when I lived there ], but to find that out , first and last, we had some goooood times.
Glenn