_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Glad to finally find this place
ejclide
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 09:33 PM UTC
Well, I must say I'm so glad to find this place. I've been looking for an aircraft forum for such a long time, and I finally decided to look past the first page on google, and found you guys!

Anyway, My name is Eric. I've been building since I was 6, and I turn 20 in Feb. I will admit I kinda let myself drift from the hobby during high school, but with college came plenty of desk time to keep building.

I've always been a faithful Aircraft builder, and I've stuck primarily to WW2 era. I've been a member of IPMS for god knows how long, and I've been to a bunch of their international conventions. Got a couple wins down in Dallas way back in the day too.

Anyway, like i said, i'm getting back into the hobby, so I've got a lot of tools already and a lot of know how, but i'm sure i'll be using the wealth of knowledge here to it's full potential.

And I have a question, if I want to create a build thread, do I just start it in the correct category of era and then check the blog box? I'll be starting next week when i get back to school and my desk.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And I have a question, if I want to create a build thread, do I just start it in the correct category of era and then check the blog box? I'll be starting next week when i get back to school and my desk.

Hi Eric!

Welcome to Aeroscale!

You will find all the help you need here I hope. As for starting a build thread it's like you said. Go to the appropriate forum (WW2 in your case) and click on "new topic". Then you can check the blog button if you want to start your build and receive some feedback from forum members.

With what kit and in what scale do you want to start again if I may ask? I'm not curious, I just want to know!

Jean-Luc
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 11:36 PM UTC
Welcome Aboard Young Man.
Looking forward to your building blog.
ejclide
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 07:12 AM UTC
well, actually I have a ford trimotor i received for xmas. i have another one i've had for a while an been contemplating building. I have family ancestry from europe that flew that plane (ever heard of burnt balchen or leif dietrichson, one flew with byrd and one with amundson). anyway, I have about 100 models rotting in my basement waiting for me to build them, which i think is a lot for a 20 year old. I have a promodeler P-47 I have ready to start too with some photoetch. I think that might be my starting point. whatever it is will be something with some aftermarket potential.

oh yeah, the trimotor is 1:77 and the 47 is 1:48
ejclide
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 11:01 AM UTC
and i forgot to mention, if anyone needs pictures of a plane from the USAF museum in dayton, I am quite literally less than a minute from walking in the front door where i live, and I love to make visits there. they've got a good selection of kits too of a lot of the planes they have in the museum, and don't be fooled, they have some non-american aircraft. I'm pretty sure they have a list of all their aircraft online.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 03:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

and i forgot to mention, if anyone needs pictures of a plane from the USAF museum in dayton, I am quite literally less than a minute from walking in the front door where i live, and I love to make visits there.

Eric,

Welcome to the "wingie-thingie" side of the house. I normally stick to 1/35th armor, but the winged bit is starting to get to me.

Anyhow, the Dayton museum......haven't been there in "forever!" I'm originally from Michigan and went there a couple of times as a young pup. Anyhow, IF they happen to have '50's era McDonnell XHJD-1 "Whirlaway".....helicopter with two "wings" and rotors at the ends of the wings, let me know (may be Navy though as it was painted dark blue ) . I would oh so love a couple of pics.

Again, welcome. Personally, I'd really like to see the Ford Tri-motor.....thought much about getting that unusual kit.

Mike
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:05 AM UTC
Belated welcome.

I would normally recommend participation in the campaigns, but you are already in both mine, and a few others.
ejclide
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Belated welcome.

I would normally recommend participation in the campaigns, but you are already in both mine, and a few others.

ha, well thanks captaina. I am actually really excited about the whole campaign Idea. It really helps me to narrow down my build and what I'm going to do. I have had too many times come around where I'll just start pulling down kits and sifting through them trying to figure out which one I want to do next. It really helps having some guidelines. Watch for my A-20 in twin spinners, it's gonna be a nice one!
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:38:29 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP