Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Winter Classic 2008
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 05:58 AM UTC
Ok.. Buffalo Lost..... but the game was freakin AWSOME in person!!!!!!!!!

here's a shot from my seat about a hour before puck drop.......

I had "cheap seats" 300 level row 27
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 08:39 AM UTC
Great pic Matt...but I was never so upset over a hockey game as I was with this game. Why they didn't let Afinogenov on the ice for the shoot-out is beyond me I too had a great seat, it was warm, near a bathroom and everything I needed was close at hand . So did you thaw out yet. Good to hear you had a great time...talk to you tonight.

Joe
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 09:11 AM UTC
I was actually thawed out on the 3+ hour ride home..........LOL 45-50 min to go from Abbot Rd. to 219, (there were 4-5 car off the road at various points of 219 between OP and Elicottville/) then a bit over 2 hours the rest of the way. The wind wasn't really an issue till the 3rd period, when just as predicted moved to come in from the scoreboard end of the stadium.

The Blackhawk Flyover in the snow was something else........ the CC on the lead bird had his window open, holding an American flag out of it as they went overhead.
armordawg
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 10:08 AM UTC
Matt,

Thanks for sharing the photo! We watched here in Pittsburgh and it was one of the best games I've seen in a while. Of course, we are Penguins fans and were pretty happy about the outcome. However, I have to say, either team could have won and would have deserved the victory.

John
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 01:09 AM UTC
My wife and I watched it and really enjoyed it. We were Pens season ticket holders for years before the kids came along, so we try to catch as many games on TV as we can these days. I got a kick out of watching my wife on the edge of her seat during the shootout. She was so keyed up it wasn't funny. Now, I have to buy her one of the Pens baby blue jerseys.

I hope that the NHL considers there events in the future, but not too often. I think it'll spoil the excitement.

Frank
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 01:27 AM UTC
Well, Bettman's box window was open for a good portion of the game, So I know he could hear the Crowd of 71,2xx (i see reports of different numbers) I have a feeling a game like this might keep happening... I wouldn't say more often than every 5-10 years.....

Locations will be limited as to where........ It's gonna have to be somewhere that's consistantly colder than 40-45 deg. F as that's the limit of the current equip for keeping the Ice frozen, and even with temps in the 20-30's they had a couple trouble spots... one that they had to repair 4-5 times... and a second that they had to only once.