TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Sherman on ice
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 01:14 PM UTC
Wow- I was surfing the ol'thumb on the remote while I was waiting for my new floor to dry and I have to admit - I stopped on the Weather Channel. For those of you who don't get excessing numbers of channels the Weather Channel is 24 hours of weather.

They were doing a story on the weather at the battle of the Bulge. They said for two weeks it snowed so much and got packed down into a sheet of ice on the roads.
The showed a couple of clips of Shermas skidding about 30 -40 feet on the road. It was pretty neat seeing that much steel just scooting along under no control.
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 501 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 01:16 PM UTC
Try driving a track down the runway in winter and do a power slide :-) :-) :-) Now that is fun!!!!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 04:05 PM UTC
It ain't fun when you're in one. Scary as hell. I got lucky, we ran into a hill embuttment and stopped. Had a friend roll over a hill and flip in a 113. Thank God both he and the driver had time and the presence of mind to drop inside and all they suffered was some minor cuts and bruises. The track got righted using an 88 and other then some mess inside was absolutely fine
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 12:30 AM UTC
Yea - I see your point blaster - ouch in a big way