_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Air Spray, Compressor and what knots...
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 09:29 AM UTC
As requested, here goes the thread about the following.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 05:14 AM UTC
Say, has anyone tried using urm...can't remember the dang name cheap airbrush that I think is made in Taiwan, you know the Precision/Iwata look-a-like? Heck, even Sellery (the tool maker) has a set like that. The model is something like 320?

I wanted to know it's performance and ease of maintenance. I'm thinking of getting a second airbrush after my Badger 150F. Don't get me wrong, I still love my 150, but I just hate the capless cup! I can't remember how many times I've spilled lacquer paint over my models all thanks to the capless feature...

Sooooo, I'm looking for a new one but too cheapo to over spend. If the 300 or 320 whatchamacallit AB performance is good, I'm gonna get it plus what adaptor do I need to fit it with my Badger braided hose?

Thanks!

Lawrence
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 12:52 PM UTC
How much would this taiwan model cost?
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 03:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Say, has anyone tried using urm...can't remember the dang name cheap airbrush that I think is made in Taiwan, you know the Precision/Iwata look-a-like?

Is it sparmax?
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 04:46 PM UTC
Sparmax produce compressors. I did a search on the net, I believe the name is HobbyMate (some local shops package it with Sparmax compressors). This variety of airbrush I believe comes in many forms and names. Precision / Master Airbrush / Sellery / HobbyMate / Olympos / Iwata. Now I'm not completely sure they are produced by the same airbrush producing plant. But that particular "look-and-feel" is roughly the same across the board. The different brands just make them look different so that they are still unique to each brand. The tail end varies from Brand to Brand (some use plastic, some brass, some chrome, some with adjustors, some just plain cover, etc. The front section all looked the same, variations in the cup / cap designs. Price wise - phew, from Cheap (Precision/HobbyMate/Sellery/Master) to Expensive (Iwata). The mid price range I believe is Olympos. I guess it all depends on what is included in the package (other items). I think Gunze has a very similar model as well?

I don't know, I'm just making a "calculated" assumption from the visuals of the airbrushes I see. Maybe they are made from different quality materials (different grades of Chrome?) that makes some really cheap, and others really expensive. Or is it simply just marketing strategies at work...

Anyway, I'm keep to try out the HobbyMate or maybe Precision (German Brand) - it has a model that allows detachment of the capped paint cup. I think this feature allows me to add paint and thinner together, give it a good "shaken but not stirred" before attaching it to the AB. Or maybe I can still do without it, covering the tip should allow me to blow back the air to mix the paint and thinner evenly still. Ah...heck! Decisions, decisions...

My initial question is directed to those who are already using Hobby Mate but coupled with SilAir tank compressors, not Sparmax. I'll need a compatible brass coupler to connect AB hose to the SilAir. Any Idea where to get these? Many thanks!

Lawrence
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 01:03 AM UTC
Let me check it out for you.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 04:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Let me check it out for you.

Danial, case closed. Thanks for the offer to help nevertheless. I've just got my solution and spraying away happily with the new AB set-up.

Erizemen, as you've requested, this post continues from another thread. You mentioned compressors, Didn't someone posted a thread about selling his Sil Air compressor here? I think he may have lowered the price a little (300 I think)? At that price, it would be a steal really. Sil Airs are tough and good compressors (if maintained properly). Mine still runs good since 8 years ago! The only problem with it is the weight - got muscles? We're talking about 20 or so kg!
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 01:12 PM UTC
thats quite heavy
CombatKrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2008 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hey anyone here using Sparmax's AC-500S or know of anyone using it? And why do some have an air tank and some do not?

Thanks!
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2008 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey anyone here using Sparmax's AC-500S or know of anyone using it? And why do some have an air tank and some do not?

Thanks!

http://www.modelmatters.com.au/images/spac500s.jpg
I believe this is what your referring to. I'm using this compressor.

CombatKrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 12:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks!

http://www.modelmatters.com.au/images/spac500s.jpg
I believe this is what your referring to. I'm using this compressor.

Hell! Finally! Ahahs what are your comments on this workhorse? Is it pretty noisy? And does it overheat fast?

Also guys, what airbrush do you guys use? I'm intending on getting one to spray 0.2/0.3mm thin lines and another for spraying over wide areas like maybe 0.5mm?
Dkrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 02:19 PM UTC
The Sparmax Ac500 is quite a good compressor. Its quite light , much lighter than the Sil - Air. It is also quite silent . There will only be noisy when the compressor kicks in to fill the air tank. Its not loud at all. Good compressor from my perspective.

Airbrush >? Procon boy is good but then it is quite expensive.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 - 02:34 AM UTC
So what s the price like for the above mentioned compressor? I ve been offered this model for $200
Sparmax Compressor TC 501 asr

And any comments on those talk about yellow compressor going at $230 for sunshine plaza
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 02:53 AM UTC
anybody bought the compressor displayed at MH marina?
 _GOTOTOP