_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
paasche millennium
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 02:11 PM UTC
My first double action siphon fed airbrush sure seems a lot of trouble to clean less so with acryl paint, I have just about had it with enamel paint and am willing to give it up for what advantages if any it has.Could be my airbrush is just a pain to maintain, I thought it would suffice just to blow it out and back blow it out with enamel thinner, seems like I have to nearly completely dissassemble it to get to siphon up paint again if it sits for a few days....any thoughts?
gdavis
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 02:29 PM UTC
after blowing it out, you are blowing in backwards right? do this with a color jar and not a color cup.
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 06:00 PM UTC
yes I am.
Ray_from_SA
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 04:08 PM UTC
I've personally found that it seems to take care of the remainder if you give the airbrush a final flush with lacquer thinners, regardless of what medium you're spraying.

Another hot tip I picked up and can attest to working is to get hold of some Iwata/Medea airbrush lubricant. You put a light coating of this on the needle after disassembly cleaning and it helps prevent paint buildup on the needle and keeps it moving smoothly.

As a rule, if you're not going to use the airbrush for several days, you may be best served to disassemble it anyhow and give it a good cleaning. I tend to spray four or five different colors in a session with a good flush between colors.

I have found my Paasche is a little more demanding in cleaning than my Iwata airbrushes, but with regular and thorough cleaning, it's a thoroughly dependable airbrush.
 _GOTOTOP