_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Magic Sculpt
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 01:54 AM UTC
Where do you guys buy the cheapest magic sculpt from the internet, and cheap postage especially to Australia. I'm fed up with milliput.

Thanks,
Chas
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 915 Posts
KitMaker Network: 48 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 10:17 AM UTC
Hi Chas,

Check this company in Queensland .

This is where I've picked up magic sculpt and they are pretty good in price and service.

http://www.modelit.com.au/

Cheers
MIchael
Removed by original poster on 02/23/08 - 04:47:06 (GMT).
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 12:11 PM UTC
Gday Chas
Michael is on the $ here... I bought the two 8oz tubs about a year ago from them, and still have about a third left, and that's with sculpting every other day... It is much finer than Milliput, and easily smooths with saliva (preferably your own)
Biggest tip I can give you is to speed cure sections at a time under a lamp, and not be afraid to cut back sections for re-sculpting... Never throw out 'bad' sculpts, but cut them back to bulk out your next project
Value for money is tremendous, although you wouldn't expect so looking at the small tubs!
Check out HF for further tips, there are some very talented sculptors lurking there...
Brad
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 01:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the link michael and the tips Bradley. I have done a bit of converting using milliput but no full sculpts just yet. I find that milliput is just to britle and sticky, turns to sludge when water is applied. Plus, it doesn't take sanding to well! I've heard from lots of modellers that magicsculpt solves all these problems.

Brad- where did you get the 8oz container from, it doesn't seem like the website has it. I'll PM you if you don't see this.

Chas
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 915 Posts
KitMaker Network: 48 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 09:57 AM UTC
Chas and Brad,

A small tip when using magic sculpt .

Mix a small bit of the A and B parts together and imerse in water.Break a small part off the magic sculpt and apply using a fine paintbrush.
Dilute your subject down with water as you go because its soft and easy .
When it drys out there is very little sanding

It increases the working life and, this works as the best filler .

Used this application a few times and works better than any other filler on the market .

Cheers
Michael

rotATOR
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 02:09 AM UTC
Magic Sculp is THE BEST two part putty I have used---well,so far at least. I havent tried Aves yet but let me say that I have tried most of the dual-colored "sausages" or "ribbons" you see everywhere and they are incomparible to MS. It has a soft clay-like consistency that RULES as a filler,especially for figure conversion work. Highly recommend this stuff. I would eat it if I could.
 _GOTOTOP