_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Modelling on Christmas and Boxing Day
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 09:45 PM UTC
Just wanted to share with you what I spent my time doing over Christmas and Boxing Day.

Christmas day in Western Australia was truly a scorcha!! Perth recorded a massive 40 Degrees Celsius! After the traditional opening of presents, it was straight out to the shed, where I do all my modelling. I didn't get any model kits in time for Christmas as I had to backorder everything. Despite the curtains I have put up, and the giant fan, the sun heats that shed like a microwave does turkey. Trying to concentrate on the figure I was sculpting was truly an impossibility, sweat dripping off my face, guzzling water every 30 seconds! It was only until the blasted sun started setting that I could model in comfort.

The weather forecast said Boxing day would be a cooler 38 degrees, but no, the temperature sky-rocketed to 44 degrees, a record for the hottest boxing day on record. On top of the heat, two bushfires have started and are bearing down on the outskirts of the city, 30km from me. I'm not in any danger, but those fire-fighters are surely not enjoying Christmas.

Despite all this, I wouldn't swap it for anything, especially the frosty conditions of Europe or America.

Chas
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Despite all this, I wouldn't swap it for anything, especially the frosty conditions of Europe or America.

We have only a few hours sunlight at this time of the year in Sweden. Its -5°C outside, but its dry and no snow. The curtains are pulled since 14:00 today and the lights are on all day.
But its absolutely perfect for modelling.
In the summer time, we had peaks of ~30°C, and I thought it was uncomfortable for modelling, so I wont even try and imagine what its like for you. Have experienced 44°C before in the Canary Islands and have no wish to ever experience that again.

WE`RE NOT JEALOUS !!!!!
zeus60
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 09:19 AM UTC
I'm in Southern California. It is never frosty here!
 _GOTOTOP